Small Town Stay-cation Guide
Frankfort and Elberta, located on beautiful Betsie Bay are known for their friendly and helpful businesses, abundance of dining choices, quaint shops, fun events and fabulous fishing.
There is something for everyone in the Frankfort-Elberta area, miles of Lake Michigan beach for sunbathing, walking, picnicking or just enjoying the spectacular sunsets.
Things to Do
- Oliver Art Center: Our purpose is to establish and maintain an educational program and facility for the advancement of the arts. We also work to promote and develop the visual, performing, culinary, and literary arts in Benzie County and the surrounding area.
- Point Betsie Lighthouse: Point Betsie Lighthouse, Benzie County’s most famous landmark, is located on the Lake Michigan shore just south of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore and about five miles north of Frankfort, Michigan.
Where to Eat/Drink
- Stormcloud Brewing Company: Brewing Belgian inspired ales, including the traditional Dubbel, Tripel and Strong along with a myriad of other favorites to fill 16 taps. A small but efficient kitchen produces delicious dishes with many menu items featuring locally grown or raised ingredients.
Places to Stay
- Harbor Lights Resort: Our beautiful lakefront resort is the perfect place for you to stay and enjoy foodie friendly restaurants, a hopping local brewpub, a restored vintage movie theater, and inviting shopping.
- Pleasant Valley Resort Motel: Located on the scenic M22 corridor on Michigan’s west coast. We pride ourselves in offering well appointed cottages and motel rooms for comfortable accommodations
- Hotel Frankfort & Restaurant: Centered in Frankfort’s historic Main Street, just two blocks from one of the most picturesque beaches of Lake Michigan, sits the historic Hotel Frankfort.
- Lake Bluff Preserve: New private vacation cottage built on the high bluffs overlooking Lake Michigan. Lake views and sunsets from nearly every room, wrap around decks, dune fire pits and a bluff stairway (300 stairs) to Lake Michigan access.
- Frankfort-Elberta Chamber of Commerce: An organization of more than 200+ businesses, organizations, and individuals committed to supporting the livelihood of Frankfort-Elberta and surrounding area.
Other Nearby Stops
Benzonia (11 minute drive)
- Make It Benzie: Benzie County is an area of sand dunes, bluffs, rolling hills, orchards, meadows, lakes and rivers. Put all of these on the shore of Lake Michigan and you have one of the best vacation places in the state—truly Pure Michigan.
- Vacation Trailer Park: This is your place for all kinds of outdoor pleasures including fishing, canoeing, kayaking or just plain fun. It’s guaranteed by the conveniences of a modern campground nestled in the natural beauty of the Betsie River.
- Best Western Scenic Hill Resort & Day Spa: Benzie County’s only full service hotel – with all the modern amenities you have come to expect on your vacation travels.
Beulah (13 minute drive)
- St. Ambrose Cellars: We make award-winning meads, wines, ciders, and beers. Our tasting room features 18 draft taps and a full menu of still meads, red wines, and white wines. Talented musicians take the stage every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
- The Cherry Hut: Regional food. Fresh, homemade cherry pies, jams & jellies. Sandwiches, lunches & dinners all day.
Interlochen (35 minute drive)
- Ellis Lake Resort: Ellis Lake Resort is known for its cute, cozy, authentic log cabin lodging built in 1939. We are a classic northern Michigan experience and designed for people who love the outdoors…a blue jeans and sweatshirt kind of place.
- Interlochen Golf Course: One of the most scenic courses in the region, Interlochen offers velvet greens and lush fairways.
- Interlochen Motel: We are Clean, Quiet, Comfortable and close to everything Northern Michigan has to offer.