Small Town Stay-cation Guide
White Lake Area
Includes Whitehall and Montague
The White Lake area is a truly unique and beautiful place, rich with history and full of small-town charm.
Whether you visit in the spring, summer, fall, or winter, each season brings with it something new and exciting to look forward to.
In the twin cities of Montague and Whitehall, you’ll find top-notch dining and shopping, thrilling outdoor adventures, diverse arts and culture, and much more.
Things to Do
- Art of Cookery Cooking School: Discover the joys of cooking, baking, canning, fermenting, and making meals easy, while experiencing hands-on learning in a unique cooking school.
- Happy Mohawk Canoe Livery: Enjoy the White River with Happy Mohawk rentals of canoes, kayaks, rafts, and tubes.
- WaterDog Outfitters: Outdoor recreation store supplying kayaks, paddleboards, and bikes for rent and sale, as well as camping, fishing, and outdoor gear.
Places to Stay
- Comfort Inn of Whitehall: Family friendly suites for your visit to Michigan’s Adventure on summer days.
- The Weathervane Inn: This luxurious water-front hotel features 23 contemporary designed guest rooms, is dog friendly, and most rooms include Jacuzzi tubs, fireplaces, balconies, and complimentary breakfast.
- White River RV Park & Campground: A quiet family campground situated in the beautiful southern portion of the Manistee National Forest.
- White Lake Area Chamber of Commerce: This Visitor Center is the perfect place to start your West Michigan visit to White Lake.
Other Nearby Stops
Rothbury (10 minute drive)
- Double JJ Resort: Escape the city and experience scenic horseback trail rides, golf, waterparks, on-site dining, and a variety of lodging – all coupled with a laid-back feel and wonderful hospitality.