There’s tons of free ways to utilize your partnership with WMTA! Check out some of our top recommendations below, and feel free to get in touch with us to go into more details about specifics you can easily do to help promote your property.
- Want to save more time?
- Want to be featured in the 2021 travel guide?
- Want more TV mentions?
- Want more social shares?
- Want more web traffic?
- Want more press coverage?
Want to Save More Time?
- Did you know that when you log in to WMTA.org and add your events, they will also pull through and populate on the Pure Michigan Event Calendar on Michigan.org? This is a great time-saver for you, cutting the number of different websites for you to enter your events on in half! This is a benefit that is only available to logged in WMTA partners.
- Check out the Website User Guide if you need a reminder on how to add your events.
Want to be Featured in the 2021 Travel Guide?
- Confirm your printed information for your business listing, and let us know which editorial articles are a good fit to include you with for next year’s guide! This is all free and included with your WMTA partnership, so please take a few minutes to fill out our 2021 Carefree Guide Survey. No one knows your business better than you do, so please help us highlight you in next year’s guide!
- Looking to make even more of a splash? Take a look at the new ways to be featured this coming year!
Want More TV Mentions?
- Make sure you’re logging into WMTA.org and adding your events to our online Event Calendar! Not only does that get great public exposure, it’s also where we pull lots of info from for our TV appearances. Do you have a Facebook event created as well?
- Add our Facebook Page (West Michigan) as a co-host of your event to get it in front of our audience as well! If you have a super-cool event coming up, make sure that we know about it so we can help promote it!
Want More Social Shares?
- Make sure you’re sending in information for our monthly editorial topics! We share a different one of these topics each week with our social followers, and this is a great way to get in front of that audience.
- We’ve worked hard to make sure that there’s editorial topics that align with all of our partners, so if you’re feeling like you don’t fit anywhere, let’s chat and make sure that you do fit!
Want More Web Traffic?
- Make sure that your profile on WMTA.org is up to date! Nothing turns web visitors off more quickly than opening a profile and seeing information dated from 2012. Log in and update your web profile to make sure that it’s current, accurate, and enticing (people love viewing photos on these profile pages!).
- Check out the Website User Guide if you need a reminder on how to update your profile.
Want More Press Coverage?
- Make sure that you’re sending your press releases to Courtney@WMTA.org or Adrienne@WMTA.org. We post all the press releases we receive from our partners on our website, and send out daily releases to our media list to help your stories travel further.
- If you’re new to writing press releases, check out our free guide for some pointers!