Small Town Stay-cation Guide
Includes Charlevoix and Ellsworth
A destination for all seasons.
Voted one of the top ten most beautiful towns and top ten public spaces in America, Charlevoix is truly the top place to vacation.
Three lakes, beaches, nature trails, skiing, boutique shopping, fantastic restaurants and 1st class lodging prove Charlevoix should not be missed!
Things to Do
- Castle Farms: Family friendly fun awaits as you tour this beautiful French Renaissance castle built in 1918. Marvel at the soaring stone towers and buildings, plus visit the European gardens.
- Island Airways: Our operation is based in the main Airport Terminal located on the Charlevoix Airport. With our friendly staff and our history of safe, comfortable, and competitively priced flights, we’re ready to serve all your aviation needs.
- Beaver Island Boat Company: Sailing from Charlevoix, day trips and guided tours of Beaver Island are available. Enjoy our Guided Island Tour and experience the rich history of this former Kingdom and abundant natural beauty of Beaver Island.
- Antrim Dells Golf Course & The Sunset Bar & Grill: This classic Jerry Matthew’s design surrounds the golfer with natural beauty and spectacular views.
Where to Eat/Drink
- Friske’s Farm Market: Whether you need a quick stop for lunch or snacks, or you wish to spend a pleasant afternoon browsing our General Store gift shop while the kids seek adventure in the Orchard Playland, our friendly helpful team will ensure your experience is unforgettable!
- Stafford’s Weathervane Restaurant: Stafford’s Weathervane Restaurant offers signature and regional cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere and is true waterfront dining, nestled along the busy Pine River Channel in downtown Charlevoix.
Places to Stay
- Bridge Street Inn: A three story, historic Colonial Revival home in the summer resort town of Charlevoix. It is located just steps from Lake Michigan with gorgeous sunsets visible from the wrap-around front porch.
- Inn at Grey Gables: Sit back and relax on the wrap-around porch or enjoy the many seasonal activities in the area. The inn is a short walk from quaint downtown boutiques, galleries, taverns and dining.
- Weathervane Terrace Inn & Suites: Weathervane Terrace Inn & Suites in beautiful downtown Charlevoix, Michigan, is a unique experience not offered by average hotels & motels. Many rooms withviews of Lakes Michigan, Round Lake and downtown Charlevoix.
- Visit Charlevoix: Whatever you are looking for in your next vacation, you’ll find it in the Charlevoix, Michigan area. World-class cuisine, Michigan craft beer, four seasons of recreational opportunities, nature’s exquisite beauty, exceptional downtown shopping, Mushroom Houses, Castle Farms, and captivating cultural arts.