Small Town Stay-cation Guide
Boyne City Area
Includes Boyne Falls and Boyne City
A charming small town on beautiful Lake Charlevoix in Northern Michigan.
Nearby are Boyne Mountain Resort, Boyne Falls, and Walloon Lake.
See what’s possible when people work together to create a great environment to live, raise a family and pursue their passions in the place they love.
Things to Do
- Wild Rush Canopy Tours: Get ready to soar through the forests and explore the wilds of Northern Michigan at Wildwood Rush Canopy Tours! Our guests fly down over 5,000 feet of zip lines, cross five sky bridges, and take in amazing views of Lake Charlevoix from our tree platforms high above the forest floor.
Where to Eat/Drink
- Long Road Distillers: The Boyne City Tasting Room offers a guided sampling of our award-winning, Michigan-made spirits and retail of bottles and merchandise to-go.
Places to Stay
- Boyne Mountain Resort: Two 18-hole championship golf courses, hiking and biking, shopping, plenty of dining options, Michigan’s largest indoor waterpark – Avalanche Bay, the luxurious Mountain Grand Lodge and Spa, horseback riding, and Deer Lake, all at Boyne Mountain Resort
- Northern Michigan Escapes: We offer more than 150 distinctive vacation homes, ranging from one bedroom condos to seven bedroom homes, set in the stunning, natural beauty of Northern Michigan.
- Boyne Area Chamber of Commerce: The Boyne Area Chamber of Commerce exists for the purpose of advancing the economic, industrial, professional, cultural and civic welfare of the Boyne Area.
- Boyne City Main Street: The Boyne City Main Street Program is a grassroots, volunteer-driven program dedicated to the historic preservation and economic development of Boyne City’s downtown.
Other Nearby Stops
Walloon Lake (10 minute drive)
- Hotel Walloon: where guests can enjoy the charm and hospitality of the early nineteenth century along with the comforts of every modern amenity on Walloon Lake.
- Walloon Lake Inn: When true local ingredients and a passion for food drive your standards, a quality meal is guaranteed. At the Walloon Lake Inn we pair that guarantee with such a unique experience, quality time is cherished just a little bit longer.
Vanderbilt (28 minute drive)
- Black Bear Golf Club: Yes, 19 Holes! At Black Bear, you get a free par 3 “Practice” hole prior to playing number 1. The remaining 18 championship holes offer some of the most diversified golf terrain in the state.
Gaylord (37 minute drive)
- Gaylord Area Convention & Tourism Bureau: Located in the exact center of Northern Michigan on the 45th parallel, Gaylord is all outdoors and literally offers something for everyone.
- Pine Cone Accommodations: “Up North” vacation properties of homes, condo & cabins ensure a memorable Northern Michigan vacation experience.
- Quality Inn: Get ready for four-season vacation excitement in the heart of Northern Michigan! At the Quality Inn, we offer all the amenities of home.
- Treetops Resort: The perfect Midwest destination for golf getaways, romantic weekend escapes, family adventures, and groups of all sizes. The resort’s 3,300 acres is some of the most beautiful and pristine land that Northern Michigan has to offer.