South | Includes Augusta, Hartford, Hickory Corners, Kalamazoo, Portage
A city rich with creative culture, where our sense of adventure extends from the outdoors onto your plate. Whether you’re a nature enthusiast, a self-proclaimed foodie or love the downtown scene, one might argue that any time is the best time to discover Kalamazoo.
Things to Do
- Airway Fun Center: From our expansive laser tag arena to our sprawling mini golf course, Airway Fun Center is packed wall-to-wall with games, activities, and attractions.
- Air Zoo: The Air Zoo is a highly charged, multi-sensory atmosphere that goes beyond anything you’ve ever seen. Experience the story of aviation.
- Clock N Lock Escape Room: With a wide variety of escape rooms available, from the supernatural intrigue in The UFO Diner to the historical enigma presented in Amelia’s Attic, our rooms are 100% original, designed in house, and only available at Clock N Lock.
- Four Winds Hartford: Feel your pulse quicken as you enter Four Winds Hartford and step onto our 52,000 square foot gaming floor.
- Gull Lake View Golf Resort: Come here for golf and play 18 holes a day for six days, without ever playing the same hole twice.
- Kalamazoo County Parks: Our parks system includes five County Parks – Cold Brook, Markin Glen, Prairie View, River Oaks, and Scotts Mill. Plus the Kalamazoo River Valley Trail and the Kalamazoo County Expo Center.
- Kalamazoo Institute of Arts: The KIA holds more than 4,700 fine artworks in its permanent collection, and presents touring and collection exhibitions in 10 galleries.
- Kalamazoo Valley Museum: The Kalamazoo Valley Museum features exhibits on science, technology, and the history of Southwest Michigan. Free general admission.
- West Michigan Beer Tours: West Michigan Beer Tours offers both public and private bus tours to Michigan breweries, from the big boys who distribute around the country to the small town brewpub.
- WK Kellogg Bird Sanctuary: A unique wildlife center located in Southwest Michigan offering conservation-focused public programs, interpretive tours, and accessible trails that allow close views of captive and wild birds.
- WK Kellogg Manor House: Enjoy walking trails, swimming, boating, and so much more. Extend your visit by lodging in one of our many accommodations.
- Waldo Wright’s Flying Service: Waldo Wright’s Flying Service offers a variety of vintage biplane experiences.
- Wings West: We are proud to be the home of a number of amazing groups focused on ice sporting events and also the perfect venue for skating with your friends and family.
Where to Eat/Drink
- Food Dance: Handcrafted, locally sourced. Visit our restaurant, market, and catering with ingredients sourced from local purveyors, including sustainably raised meats fresh in our butcher’s case.
- HopCat: Kalamazoo’s Craft Beer Hub: 100 taps & homemade food your mom would make if she loved craft beer
- Lawton Ridge Winery: While we make a variety of wines, we strive for well balanced, food-friendly wines ranging from elegant, dry reds to dessert wines, many of which have won awards.
: Principle Food & Drink will provide its guests with fresh, thoughtfully sourced food cooked from scratch, and a creative bar program to provide the very best in seasonal eating and craft cocktails.
: We are dedicated to the entire experience of craft; from our creative food menu to our unique beers.
Places to Stay
- Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center: Centrally located between Detroit & Chicago in the heart of downtown Kalamazoo with shopping, restaurants, theaters, and museums within steps, the Radisson is the epitome of distinction. Exceptional service with 340 guest rooms, onsite restaurants, and retail outlets make the Radisson an ideal venue for your next visit.
- Kara’s Kottages: Our five standalone “kottages” are well appointed and lovingly designed to give you the comfort of a B&B experience with the privacy of a vacation rental.
- Stuart Avenue Inn B&B: The inn features eight guest rooms with private baths and abundant guest space, free WiFi, and off-street parking. Homemade sweet and savory breakfasts served daily.
- Click for all the places to stay in Kalamazoo
- Discover Kalamazoo: No matter your style, you’ll discover fun and unique things to do in Kalamazoo!