Michigan Wine Great Lakes Culinary Challenge
715 E Front St
Traverse City, MI 49686
Contact: Kimberly Zacharias
Phone: (231) 944-1287
The beautiful bay views at Lobdell's Teaching Restaurant will be the setting for this fantastic strolling wine and food affair. Your ticket includes a welcome pour, tastings of 6 inspired small plates paired with 12 locally renowned wines, and bite-sized desserts.
- This is a culinary challenge for current Great Lakes Culinary Institute students to provide them with:
- Local and regional exposure
- Real-world experience
- Increased knowledge of local wines
- Insight and guidance from professional chefs
- Participating students will develop a small plate that will pair with a style of wine, such as unoaked Chardonnay or dry rosé.
- The public will choose the 6 finalists/small plates via voting polls on social media beginning March 29, 2020. Follow any of the links from the sponsors below to participate.
- A panel of local chefs will judge the finalists and choose a winner that evening.
- The winner will be awarded a $1000 scholarship and have the opportunity to present their small plate at an upcoming local wine and food event.
- Attendees will also be able to vote for their favorite dish during the event. The "people's choice" winner will receive a $250 scholarship.