Central | Includes Muskegon & North Muskegon
Find your adventure in Muskegon County! Muskegon offers everything from relaxing on the beach or playing in the sand, to riding roller coasters and splashing in a water park at Michigan’s Adventure Amusement & Water Park, to sliding down an 850-foot luge track at the Winter Sports Complex. You’ll find something to do all year round!
Things to Do
- Aquastar Cruises: Whether it’s a sunset cruise or daytime excursion, you will be sure to enjoy your time out on the water. We can accommodate private parties or enjoy one of our public cruises and meet new friends out on the water.
- Guy’s Ultimate Kayak Service: We are a livery service, offering kayak rental and transportation upstream on the lower Muskegon River.
- Lakeshore Museum Center: They strive to preserve and interpret through exhibits, education, and programs, the natural and cultural history of Muskegon County. The museum explores 400,000 million years of Michigan in the making and features a life-sized mastodon and mastodon bones found in nearby Rothbury.
- Michigan’s Adventure: The largest amusement and water park in the state, featuring over 60 rides and attractions including our world-class wooden roller coaster, Shivering Timbers which is over 1 mile long and 125 feet tall. Experience six other great roller coasters as well! (Please check for planned opening date for 2020)
- Muskegon Country Club: Our golf course was designed by Donald Ross, the world-renowned golf course architect, and has had the honor of hosting numerous Regional Qualifying Rounds for the U.S. Open.
- Muskegon Farmers Market: The Muskegon Farmers Market, owned and operated by the City of Muskegon, is dedicated to showcasing the best in locally-grown foods, flowers, nursery stock, handicrafts, and baked goods. The market also hosts a giant Flea Market where everything imaginable is sold.
- Muskegon Luge & Sports Complex: Muskegon Luge Adventure Sports Park is home to one of just four luge tracks in the country. Recreational & instructional luging from beginner to advanced sliders. Also, fly on the 1/4 mile dual racing, accessible zip line!
- Muskegon Museum of Art: The Muskegon Museum of Art was established in 1912 and is known for its outstanding collection and diverse schedule of changing exhibitions.
- SS Milwaukee Clipper: We are the proud caretakers of this former passenger steamer and Lake Michigan carferry, which is listed as a Historical National Landmark. With this honor comes the responsibility to restore and maintain this ship, the oldest remaining passenger ship on the Great Lakes.
- USS LST 393 Veterans Museum: Discover LST 393‘s outstanding wartime record as you tour a nationally renowned veterans museum with artifacts and displays honoring those who served America and fought for the freedoms we enjoy today.
- USS Silversides: Climb aboard, immerse into the past, and discover the future at this Great Lakes Naval Memorial and Museum.
- Lake Express High Speed Ferry: Lake Express is a fun, fast, and easy transportation solution, crossing Lake Michigan between Muskegon, MI and Milwaukee, WI in just 2.5 hours.
Where to Eat/Drink
- Lake House Waterfront Grille: Situated behind the Shoreline Inn and overlooking Terrace Point Marina, The Lake House offers gorgeous views, cool breezes, and warm sunsets.
Places to Stay
- Delta Hotels Marriott: This hotel’s ideal downtown location puts all of Muskegon’s attractions close by. Our guests can spend a day at Michigan’s Adventures Amusement and Water Park, only 15 minutes away. Don’t forget to ask about our Michigan’s Adventure package!
- Muskegon KOA: Open May 1 – October 15, and just minutes to Michigan’s Adventure Park. Easy access to both the theme park and US-31. Beyond this oasis are Lake Michigan beaches, golf courses, towering sand dunes, and other popular attractions.
- Shoreline Inn: Enjoy spectacular views of Muskegon Lake and scenic inland Muskegon from any of our spacious, comfortable guest rooms with full-wall atrium windows and doors, French balconies, and covered walk-out terraces.
- Snug Harbor Resort: A fabulous and unique place to stay. Enjoy the campfire and outdoor activities, and then get a restful night’s sleep in a comfortable air conditioned/heated room with a full kitchen.
- Click for all places to stay in Muskegon
- Visit Muskegon: Whatever the season, you’ll find plenty to see and do during your visit to our beautiful slice of Lake Michigan shoreline!