Traverse City Area
North | Includes Acme, Buckley, Northport, Traverse City, Williamsburg
Traverse City brings good things in life together to make a place where you feel truly comfortable and where vacations feel perfect. Here, you’ll find the incredible diversity and beauty across the spring, summer, fall, and winter seasons. It’s where everything just comes together. Where you can go sun-up to sun-down year round. And where each day is another chance to be in a pretty great place.
Things to Do
- Dennos Museum Center: The Dennos Museum Center at Northwestern Michigan College is a premier cultural facility in northern Michigan offering a dynamic array of exhibitions and programs in the visual arts, sciences, and performing arts.
- Elmbrook Golf Course: Elmbrook golf course is among the oldest public par 72 golf courses in northern Michigan. Elmbrook’s beautiful views, mature trees, and challenging layout make it a favorite among Traverse City visitors and locals alike.
- Farmer White’s: Farmer White’s is a 3rd generation fruit farm in the heart of Northern Michigan’s Cherry Country. We are located two miles south of downtown Elk Rapids.
- Grand Traverse Lighthouse: Located inside the Leelanau State Park in Northern Michigan, The Grand Traverse Lighthouse has been guiding ships and sailors since it was built in 1852.
- Jacob’s Corn Maze: Pick up fresh, local produce, and experience our life sized, world class computer designed 10 acre Corn Maze creation in the fall, unlike any other in Northern Michigan!
- Mission Point Lighthouse: Mission Point Lighthouse has been a Traverse City and Old Mission Peninsula icon for decades. Located at the end of a picturesque drive along M-37 through cherry orchards and vineyards, Mission Point Lighthouse stands as a classic piece of Michigan history.
- Mt. Holiday: With views of Grand Traverse Bay and over 59 acres, Mt. Holiday is your local year-round recreation destination in Northern Michigan!
- Music House Museum: Music House Museum presents an extensive collection of some of the world’s most fascinating & beautiful automated musical instruments.
- National Writers Series: The Writers Series of Traverse City is a nonprofit organization dedicated to holding great conversations with today’s best authors and building the creative writing skills of youth.
- Traverse City Pit Spitters: We are the Traverse City Pit Spitters, a baseball team playing in the Northwoods League!
- Traverse Tall Ship Co: Join us aboard the 114″ tall ship Manitou or the classic sailing yacht Scout for a thrilling adventure on the spectacular waters of Grand Traverse Bay. With cruises ranging from two hours to six days, we have something for everyone!
Where to Eat/Drink
- Bonobo Winery: Bonobo Winery hopes to bring a sense of approachability to the Michigan wine and vineyard scene, removing any pretenses and allowing for the ultimate educational and enjoyable experience.
- Boone’s Long Lake Inn: Boone’s Long Lake Inn’s legendary steaks, seafood, and prime rib have made them a northern Michigan landmark. The rustic decor provides a comfortable and casual atmosphere that enhances services, quality, and large portion sizes.
- Brewery Terra Firma: Brewery Terra Firma is a farm, tasting room, and production brewery producing high quality, hand-crafted beers using whole ingredients.
- Brys Estate: Step back in time and enjoy a Pure Michigan experience when you visit Brys Estate Vineyard & Winery, a 91-acre estate on Old Mission Peninsula.
- Chateau Grand Traverse: Northern Michigan’s oldest winery. Located on Old Mission Peninsula, our family-owned winery produces premium quality wines, most notably for our Riesling styles.
- Cherry Republic: We’ll come right out with it… Cherry Republic is the place you come for all things cherry, and all things delicious!
- Grand Traverse Distillery: We use local agriculture to make world-class spirits that beat the imports. We distill all of our vodkas, whiskies, gin, and rum in our 1100 liter Holstein twin column copper reflux pot still.
- Hawthorne Vineyards: Hawthorne Vineyards is a pristine vineyard and tasting room destination just four miles from Traverse City on Old Mission Peninsula.
- Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail: Discover Leelanau Peninsula, where cool-climate wines pair perfectly with local cuisine. Our small peninsula is home to 23 wineries located within diverse microclimates uniquely suited for a variety of wine grapes.
- Left Foot Charley: Left Foot Charley is a winery like no other. In lieu of the single estate model, LFC is a collection of grape and apple growers located throughout Northern Michigan dedicated to growing fruit for our wine and cider.
- Mammoth Distilling: Come for free samples of spirits, a dry bar with “zero-proof” cocktails, a full food menu, and bottle and merchandise sales.
- Moomers Homemade Ice Cream: Here at Moomers, we offer a wide selection of ice cream treats with Moomers Homemade Premium Ice Cream. In our kitchen we make over 120 different flavors, with over 20 available daily.
- Old Mission Peninsula Wine Trail: Experience what thousands of wine enthusiasts have already discovered, the Old Mission Peninsula Wine Trail is the perfect wine destination for creating a day full of memories with friends, or for your next weekend retreat.
- Oryana Community Co-Op: Oryana Natural Foods Market is your source for local, organic, and natural food. We carry the region’s largest selection of locally-sourced goods, from organic chocolate, to locally-roasted, fair-trade coffees, to naturally leavened breads, to body care products.
- Peegeo’s: From pizza to chicken wings to ribs, we have something for every taste and every mood. Try our huge, specially marinated skirt steak or a full rack of the best ribs in town
- Peninsula Cellars: The Peninsula Cellars tasting room is a converted one-room schoolhouse which was built around 1896. Our wide variety of white wines, red wines, fruit wines, and hard cider can be enjoyed year round at our tasting room.
- The Mitten Brewing Co Northport: The Mitten Brewing Co. is a vintage baseball-themed microbrewery that expertly pairs handcrafted beers with gourmet pizzas.
- Traverse City Whiskey Co: Our culture is a reflection of the area and we’re on a mission to produce the smoothest, greatest whiskey possible.
Places to Stay
- Beach Condo Hotel/Resort: Beach Condo Hotel and Resort features 30 spacious one-bedroom condominium units on three floors, all with spectacular views of East Grand Traverse Bay.
- Chateau Chantal: Chateau Chantal is a unique development that combines a winery, vineyards, bed and breakfast, residence, six private home sites, and winding roads, all of which combine to create an experience in Northern Hospitality.
- Grand Beach Resort Hotel: The Grand Beach Resort Hotel of Traverse City blends casual, friendly, and efficient service to create an experience to delight family and business travelers alike. Our Traverse City hotel and condominiums include pristine sugar sand beach, a fitness center, and a heated indoor pool and hot tub.
- Grand Traverse Resort & Spa: Our award-winning destination delivers exceptional services such as golf, tennis, spa, dining, shopping, and more.
- Great Wolf Lodge: 280 all-suite, northwoods-themed rooms. A full-service, log cabin-style family destination, close to Grand Traverse Mall and minutes from downtown.
- Mitchell Creek Inn: A 15-unit motel located just east of downtown Traverse City on US-31. All units have ground level entry, with ample parking.
- Old Mission Inn: Located on the tip of the historic Old Mission Peninsula, this is Traverse City and Northern Michigan’s oldest continually operating historic hotel, which currently operates like a bed and breakfast. Come enjoy the quiet, scenic, and relaxing atmosphere.
- Park Place Hotel: Historic hotel and conference facilities. Located in the very heart of downtown, guests will enjoy an indoor pool, whirlpool & health club, and Minerva’s Restaurant & Bar, featuring breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Pinestead Reef Resort: Michigan’s first and most affordable timeshare resort! A non-smoking resort, we offer full-size kitchens, indoor heated pool, whirlpool and sauna, exercise and game rooms, in-room DVDs, and 700 feet of sand beach. Every room overlooks the bay.
- Shoestring Resort: Nineteen clean and well-equipped air conditioned 1-3 bedroom cottages and 2 bedroom mobiles, nicely furnished including linens.
- Timber Ridge RV Resort: Timber Ridge Resort, located in Traverse City, is an all-season resort featuring an RV park, banquet facility, lodge, and miles of gorgeously wooded trails.
- Traverse City KOA: Come enjoy our heated pool, giant chess, mini-golf, basketball, horseshoes, volleyball, & other planned activities.
- Visit Up North Vacation Rentals: Visit Up North Vacation Rentals offers over 130 year-round cottages, homes, and resort condos throughout Northwest Michigan, with a place for every budget.
- West Bay Beach: West Bay Beach, a Delamar Resort, is a stunning property on beautiful Lake Michigan, with 173 modern and comfortable guest rooms, many with bay views.
- Click for all places to stay in Traverse City
- Downtown TC Association: Downtown Traverse City is the culture, education, and business capital of Northwest Michigan.
- Traverse City Tourism: From exploring the miles of trails to relaxing on the beach for summer sunsets, it’s a destination where you will find plenty of happy places within the miles of open spaces.