Located at the north end of the Mackinac Bridge, St. Ignace lures visitors from all over the world with our unhurried atmosphere surrounded by spectacular beauty. Our downtown business district stretches along the stunning blue shoreline of Lake Huron on Moran Bay. Stroll the beautiful, mile-long Huron boardwalk along the expansive waterfront and view historical description plaques along the way.
Things to Do
- Michilimackinac Historical Society: Even though their physical location is closed for the 2020 season, they’re offering great programs throughout the course of the season. Sign up for their E-News to get the latest updates, or check their Events page to see what’s happening.
- Shepler’s Mackinac Island Ferry: Fastest fleet, most frequent departures. Daily departures from Mackinaw City and St. Ignace.
- Star Line Mackinac Island Ferry: High tail it to Mackinac Island on the fast, frequent, fun, and friendly hydro-jet ferry service.
Places to Stay
- Breakers Resort: Enjoy the breathtaking views of Mackinac Island and Lake Huron from your private balcony, relax and unwind in one of our lakefront fireplace rooms, or enjoy a soak in our lakefront Jacuzzi Rooms.
- St. Ignace Visitors Bureau: St. Ignace is part of the Great Waters of Pure Michigan, offering unparalleled opportunities to enjoy unspoiled beauty, unique history, and the Great Lakes of Huron, Michigan, and Superior.