Small Town Stay-cation Guide
Suttons Bay is located about 30 miles north of Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, midway up the eastern shore of the Leelanau Peninsula.
Whether coming by boat or car, the rolling landscapes and turquoise waters provide a stunning backdrop for a whole host of activities. There is something special for everyone.
Things to Do
- Grand Traverse Bike Tours: We are a full-service bike tour company located in the heart of Leelanau Wine Country, just minutes from Traverse City. Our mission is helping visitors to explore the unique beauty and distinct flavors of the Grand Traverse area.
- Inland Seas Education Association: We offer a variety of programs aboard our ships and on shore for individuals of all ages.
Where to Eat/Drink
- Shady Lane Cellars: Beautiful 150-acre historic farm with landmark fieldstone buildings. Taste award-winning Methode Champenoise sparkling wines, Riesling, Chardonnay, Vignoles and Pinot Noir at our tasting room, daily.
Places to Stay
- Black Star Farms: Our 160 acre Suttons Bay estate features an award winning winery and tasting room, a luxury Inn, the Hearth & Vine Cafe, an equestrian facility and hiking trails.
Other Nearby Stops
Lake Leelanau (8 minute drive)
- 45 North Vineyard & Winery: Located directly on the 45th parallel, we use our distinct location as the driving force behind our approach to making world-class wines that represent the region.
- Amber Sands Resort: Amber Sands Resort’s six delightful, housekeeping cottages are situated on 3 acres of mature hardwood in the heart of Leelanau County.
- Northern Latitudes Distillery: Featuring unique bottled spirits, free tastings, custom cocktails, barware, porch seating and an entire gift area.
Omena (11 minute drive)
- Leelanau Cellars: Leelanau Cellars’ Tasting Room is a unique experience with more than 60 labels to sample from, most of which are not available in your local wine aisle. It also doesn’t hurt that we have the most spectacular view of Grand Traverse Bay the region has to offer.