Small Town Stay-cation Guide
Sleeping Bear Dunes Area
Includes Glen Arbor and Honor
This is where you’ll find Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park, home to beaches, dunes, trails, and spectacular scenery.
Spend some time hiking in the park, or on one of the many area trails.
Explore the area around the park to find river trips, local goodies, and lodging that fits your style.
Things to Do
- Riverside Canoe Trips: Platte River canoe trips, kayaks, tubes, rafts in Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Trips end at Lake Michigan with a beautiful sugar sand beach.
- Honor Trading Post: We rent canoes, kayaks, and tubes for your enjoyment. We also carry fishing supplies, fishing licenses, homemade pizza, hand-dipped ice cream, fresh deli sandwiches, fresh jerky, groceries, ice, camp fire wood, packaged liquor, beer and wine for your convenience.
Where to Eat/Drink
- Cherry Public House: The new Cherry Republic Brewing Co.’s 12 taps feature a variety of ales, lagers, and ciders along with four cherry beers. On-site brewing will turn out small-batch daily selections, and all of the draft beer is available in growlers to go.
Places to Stay
- Glen Craft Marina & Resort: Handcrafted log exterior lodge w/six beachfront villas offering one to three bedrooms, complete kitchens and breathtaking views of beautiful Glen Lake. Or choose our rustic cottages. Sandy beach for swimming and sunbathing. Marina services inc/boat rentals and harbor space.
Other Nearby Stops
Empire (8 minute drive)
- Indigo Bluffs RV Park & Resort: Choose from three unique camping experiences: RV Park, RV Resort and Cottages. Steps away from the Sleeping Bear Dunes, beaches, hiking/biking trails and Traverse City just 20 minutes away.