Small Town Stay-cation Guide
Includes Saugatuck & Douglas
Saugatuck and Douglas are harbor villages that celebrate diversity: small-town America at its best!
Here visitors can turn back the pages of time to enjoy a simpler life where no one hurries, and no one hurries you. A place where everyone is special and everyone is welcome.
- Big Lake Outfitters: This is your headquarters for outdoors adventure! We offer boat & kayak rentals, and bike & scooter rentals. With a retail bait & tackle shop, we’re also the home of Best Chance Charters, providing the ultimate in Lake Michigan Charter fishing!
- Ravines Golf Club: The Ravines offers exceptional playing conditions at an extraordinary value. Ravines boasts visually stunning and serene surroundings and highly professional service and friendliness.
- Saugatuck Antique Pavilion: Saugatuck Antique Pavilion was voted “Best of the Best” in a four state area! One of the Midwest’s largest, cleanest, well lit, antique malls with 175 dealer spaces and a wide variety of antique, vintage and collectible items.
- Saugatuck Center for the Arts: Saugatuck Center for the Arts is a non-profit arts & cultural organization bringing high quality education, exhibitions, and performances to the community.
- Saugatuck Dune Rides: Visit for 40 minutes of entertainment, fun and excitement on the dunes. Learn of the lost town of Singapore or check out our local vegetation and wildlife.
- Star of Saugatuck: Sit back and relax on a 1.5 hour cruise on Star of Saugatuck Boat Cruises. Listen to the water running off the paddle-wheels of an authentic sternwheel paddle boat as you gently glide down the Kalamazoo River and enter majestic Lake Michigan.
Where to Eat/Drink
- Guardian Brewing Company: Guardian Brewing Company provides a welcoming environment where experiences are created by blending quality craft beer and cider, local wine, and freshly made food pairings.
- Mermaid Waterfront Bar & Grill: We are a family-owned, full-service restaurant in Saugatuck, MI, serving fresh fish and other favorites. Our dockside eatery has patio seating and overlooks the Kalamazoo River.
- New Holland Spirits: Located in downtown Saugatuck, our spirits tasting room is ideal for happy hour cocktails or an after-dinner nightcap. We offer tasting flights and cocktails made with our award-winning spirits, along with light snacks and a retail area with bottles to go.
- Saugatuck Brewing Co.: This brewery, located conveniently on Blue Star Highway in Douglas, Michigan, boasts two tasting rooms & outdoor patio dining. The Pub features 16 taps, hard cider and wine along with a full food menu including everything from unique entrees to shareable appetizers.
- Lake Michigan Shore Wine Trail: Explore 21 wineries in the area along the Lake Michigan Shore Wine Trail.
Places to Stay
- Bayside Inn: The BaySide Inn is located in the heart of downtown Saugatuck and is positioned on the Saugatuck Harbor. This historical landmark boathouse has been masterfully transformed into a quietly, elegantly cool waterfront bed & breakfast.
- Beachway Resort & Hotel: The BeachWay is situated between downtown Saugatuck and Lake Michigan overlooking the Saugatuck Harbor. If you desire some downtime relax on our hotel’s expansive tiered sundecks that surround the resort’s pool!
- Maplewood Hotel: Saugatuck’s Maplewood Hotel is a unique boutique hotel with a 150- year tradition of exceptional hospitality. Located on Butler Street in the heart of Saugatuck, you are walking distance to shops, fine dining, galleries and the Saugatuck Center for the Arts.
- Marywood Manor B&B and Cottages: Marywood Manor is a charming small inn with beautiful perennial gardens. Accommodations are romantic three room suites. You’ll enjoy the wonderful full breakfast on our large screened porch in addition to our other amenities.
- Mill Pond Realty: Mill Pond is the original and largest local Vacation Rental Management Company, offering the finest vacation rental homes & cottages nestled along the Lake Michigan shoreline, Kalamazoo River, private lakes and also in town locations.
- Serendipity Bed and Breakfast: Serendipity is located just steps away from unique shops, artist-owned galleries, great restaurants, the boat docks, boardwalk, and parks complete with gazebos. Beautiful Oval beach and the breathtaking Saugatuck Dunes are only minutes away.
- Twin Oaks Inn: Innkeepers Sherry and Lisa recently remodeled Twin Oaks to add modern furnishings and conveniences while keeping the charm of this 1860 historical home intact. Twin Oaks Inn is less than two miles from downtown Douglas and Saugatuck’s Oval Beach.
- Wickwood Inn: The Inn is owned by Bill and Julee Rosso Miller who have created a retreat that reflects their passions – good seasonal food, wine, travel, gardening, art, books, eclectic music, peace, and wonderful surroundings.
- Quaint Cottages: Comfortable, luxurious accommodations open year round. We have the perfect cottage for your next West Michigan vacation, each beautifully appointed with every amenity considered.
- Sherwood Forest B&B: Our beautiful Victorian bed and breakfast offers inviting elegance in a wooded setting, located 1/2 a block from Lake Michigan. Perfect for romance or a much-needed getaway, our guest rooms are complete with antiques, cozy wing chairs, and Jacuzzis and fireplaces.
- Saugatuck-Douglas Area Business Association: Representing businesses & services in the Saugatuck-Douglas area for over 38 years.
- Saugatuck-Douglas Convention & Visitors Bureau: Saugatuck and Douglas are harbor villages that celebrate diversity: small-town America at its best! Here visitors can turn back the pages of time to enjoy a simpler life where no one hurries, and no one hurries you.