Small Town Stay-cation Guide
Includes Fremont, Grant, Hesperia, Newaygo, White Cloud
Located on the Big Muskegon River, Newaygo offers small-town charm with an abundance of outdoor recreational opportunities.
The nearby Croton & Hardy dams create an area ideal for fishing, paddle sports & other boating activities.
Check out for yourself all the fantastic things Newaygo has to offer!
Things to Do
- Nelson’s Farm Market: Nelson’s carries animal feed all year round and seasonal items like flowers and garden plants in the spring. They have delicious homemade caramel apples, donuts, and apple cider in the fall, and neat hand crafted gifts. They also have a petting zoo.
- Waters Edge Golf Course: Waters Edge Golf Course is a public golf facility that lies between Grand Rapids and Lake Michigan in beautiful Fremont. Experience the best that West Michigan golf has to offer with our scenic and challenging course.
- Wisner Rents Canoes: Offering canoe, kayak, raft, tube & fishing trips on the beautiful Big Muskegon River.
Places to Stay
- 5 Lakes Resort: Relax in comfort in our well-maintained housekeeping cottages. Fishing, beach, boats, playground equipment, horseshoes and recreation room. Salmon and steelhead fishing and hunting nearby.
- The Gerber Guest House: This home, is the original residence of the Daniel Gerber family, where you can experience the history of the company known all over the world.
- Fremont Area Chamber of Commerce: Fremont welcomes you to enjoy our many free concerts in Veterans Memorial Park, our Arts & Crafts shows and flea markets, 4-H Fair & many other planned activities in the “World’s Baby Food Capital.”
- Newaygo County CVB: Call for free information on resorts, motels, campgrounds, B&B’s, festivals and events, local businesses, hiking, snowmobiling, ATV/ORV, X-country and nature trails, fishing, hunting, boating, canoeing and more!
- River Country Chamber of Commerce of Newaygo County: We are home to three unspoiled rivers, two immense dams, and dozens of pristine lakes spoiling residents and visitors with endless choices to paddle, boat, fish, sail, hike, shop, live and work alongside nature.
Other Nearby Stops
Pierson (28 minute drive)
- Pilgrim’s Run Golf Club: Encounter one of West Michigan’s finest upscale public golf facilities. This magnificent course was built on over 400 acres and bears the hallmark of premier design and construction.