Small Town Stay-cation Guide
Includes Manistee, Wellston, Kaleva
From sandy beaches to dense hardwoods, Manistee County is “Naturally More.”
Home of the Manistee National Forest, championship golf, world class fishing and some of the best waterways in Michigan.
Wander through small towns with Indian names, quaint shops, orchard blossoms, bubbling artesian wells, and flower-lined streets.
Things to Do
- SS City of Milwaukee: Tour the museum and discover the experience of lodging aboard a 1930s Great Lakes steamship. Passenger, crew, and officer rooms are available for overnight stays.
- Manistee National Golf & Resort: Nestled among the pines of the Manistee National Forest in Northern Michigan, you’ll find a special, hidden gem, a place that offers golf and much more.
- Grossnickle Farms: At Grossnickle Farms you will find a great selection of fresh fruits and vegetables picked daily and grown right here on the farm.
- Ramsdell Regional Center for the Arts: Manistee’s home for community engagement.
- Pine River Paddlesports Center: PRPC rents canoes, kayaks, stand up paddleboards, and rubber rafts on the Pine and Big Manistee Rivers. PRPC is home to a 32 foot tall rock climbing wall and an 18 hole disc golf course.
Places to Stay
- Days Inn of Manistee: With 94 rooms, we’re ready to accommodate your family or group. Come on in. We look forward to showing you that Manistee Hospitality!
- Insta-Launch Campground & Marina: Insta Launch offers camping facilities from primitive to full hook-up, including pull-through sites, boat slips for boats up to 24′, clean and well equipped rental trailers, cabins, and rental boats.
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham: Our Manistee, MI, hotel near Little River Casino is within easy driving distance of area attractions, businesses and entertainment, making it the ideal spot for business and leisure travelers alike.
- Ramsdell Inn: The Ramsdell Inn along w/TJ’s Pub is located right downtown, w/access to Manistee Riverwalk, beaches, charter fishing, golf, ski resorts, and The Historical Ramsdell Theatre.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Manistee: Rest up at Super 8 by Wyndham across the street from Manistee Lake with free breakfast, high-speed WiFi, and more.
- Twin Oaks RV Campground & Cabins: Full service family campground in the heart of the Manistee National Forest.
- Cook Rentals: Cook Rentals offers vacation rental cabins and homes in Lake County and Manistee County.
- Manistee County Visitors Bureau: Natural beauty. It’s northern Michigan’s claim to fame, and it flourishes in Manistee County.