Small Town Stay-cation Guide
Includes Ludington and Fountain
No matter what you’re seeking: fun for the whole family, a beach or outdoor adventure, a peaceful getaway, or just a community of friendly faces, you can find it here in Pure Ludington.
Things to Do
- Historic White Pine Village: A historic village of over twenty-nine museum buildings and sites of history dedicated to preserving and presenting Mason County’s past with thousands of signs, artifacts and archives.
- Jump Around Fun Center & VR: Ludington’s original & only outdoor inflatable center – what better way to enjoy the beautiful Michigan summers with family than to jump & play around outside!
- Port of Ludington Maritime Museum: Situated in the former Coast Guard station at Ludington, a landmark of that city’s waterfront for over three-quarters of a century, the Port of Ludington Maritime Museum will entertain, enlighten, and instruct.
- SS Badger – Lake Michigan Carferry: The relaxing four-hour, 60-mile mini-cruise takes passengers, autos, RVs, tour buses, motorcycles, bicycles, and commercial trucks across Lake Michigan between Ludington, Michigan and Manitowoc, Wisconsin.
- Sable Points Lighthouse Keepers Association: Step back in time and tour our historic lighthouses! Big Sable Point, Little Sable Point, Ludington North Breakwater and White River Light Station.
- Todd and Brad Reed Photography: Todd and Brad Reed have been using their cameras to capture the beauty of Northern Michigan in all her seasons and many moods for more than 30 years.
Where to Eat/Drink
- Jamesport Brewing: We are a brewpub that brews our own beer onsite, however we also have a full-service bar, a great wine list and an assortment of domestic beers.
Places to Stay
- Best Western Lakewinds: When you visit Ludington, your very best hotel choice is Best Western. Come explore all the beauty and activities around Ludington, any season of the year.
- Blue Lake Resort: Blue Lake Resort 15 lakefront cottages on clean, private, sandy lake near Ludington. Swimming beach, play area and gameroom. Fishing, wildlife, and hiking.
- Comfort Inn: Fully renovated and the perfect place for any traveler! The hotel is centrally located just minutes away from everything that Ludington has to offer.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ludington: The Holiday Inn Express & Suites is conveniently located just off the US-31 170A exit and has ample complimentary parking.
- Ludington Pier House Motel: We offer a great location, just across from Lake Michigan, Stearns Beach and walking distance to downtown Ludington!
- Nova Motel: The Nova Motel is conveniently located just outside the city limits, only minutes from dining, shopping, beaches, and area attractions. Affordable lodging on 6 wooded acres.
- Poncho’s Pond RV Park: Poncho’s Pond is situated on 37 grassy acres.For those without a camper of their own, we offer rental Haciendas and Casitas.
- Stearns Hotel: Downtown Ludington’s historic hotel – closest to shopping, dining & carferry. Parks, marinas & beach nearby.
- Vacation Station RV Resort: Explore the miles of gorgeous sandy beaches, and lakes abundant with game fishing. Close to shops, restaurants, and fun parks. Beautiful Full Hook-up concrete sites. Cozy Cottages and Cabins to rent.
- Ventura Motel: At the motel rooms come with air conditioning and a private bathroom. Speaking English, Hebrew and Hindi, staff will be happy to provide guests with practical advice on the area at the 24-hour front desk.
- Ludington Area Convention & Visitors Bureau: Like a natural utopia, Ludington and Mason County offer an abundance of parks, beaches, inland lakes, and rivers. Situated on beautiful Lake Michigan, there are miles of sandy coastline to catch some sun, take a stroll or play where the waves meet the land.