Small Town Stay-cation Guide
Truly Nature’s Mecca, Indian River is the ideal location to boat, fish, hunt, camp, bike, golf, kayak, canoe, raft, tube, stand up paddle board, sail, snowmobile, ORV, Motorcycle, ski, bird watch, mushroom hunt, hike, skate, dine, and shop.
By water or by land, quiet sport or motor, fun with nature is certain with so many activities available to you.
Things to Do:
- Big Bear Adventures: Paddle the crystal-clear Sturgeon River (the fastest in Michigan’s Lower Peninsula!) on our exciting Canoe, Kayak, Raft and Tube trips. Test your ability while having fun on our 18-Hole Adventure Golf Course or our Ropes Challenge Course and Bumper Boats!
- Indian River Golf Club: Come enjoy the first-class round of golf or dining experience and discover the best-kept secret in the north. Join the friendship and join the fun at the friendliest golf club in the north.
Places to Stay
- Star Gate Motel: Family lodging facility in Indian River, Michigan. In the center of it all in beautiful northern Michigan!
- Indian River Chamber of Commerce: Indian River is at the center of all that makes Northern Michigan a treasured vacation destination and place to call home.
- Indian River Tourist Bureau: Indian River is located half way between Lake Michigan and Lake Huron. It’s also the center of Michigan’s famed Inland Waterway making it a boating and fishing paradise.
Other Nearby Stops
Oden (17 minute drive)
- Windjammer Marina: Along the Northern Michigan’s Inland Waterway you’ll find a variety of recreation from boating and watering skiing to just relaxing in a quiet cove and experiencing the abundance of fish and wildlife.