Small Town Stay-cation Guide
Hastings is a vibrant community located on the Thornapple River in the heart of Barry County, ideally situated between the metropolitan areas of Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing, and Battle Creek.
You will find downtown Hastings to be the home of quaint shops and unique restaurants surrounded by nature’s beauty.
Plan your visit today to enjoy our downtown festivals and events, or to just get some rest and relaxation on our nature trails and in our parks!
Things to Do
- Historic Charlton Park Village: Situated on 310 acres along beautiful Thornapple Lake, we offer opportunities for everyone! Cool off at the beach, boat, or hike in the Recreation Area. Step back in time in the Historic Village.
- Pierce Cedar Creek Institute: Pierce Cedar Creek Institute is a community nature center, environmental education center and biological field station. Use their seven miles of hiking trails throughout the natural areas.
- Thornapple Arts Council: The Thornapple Arts Council works to enrich Barry County through arts and culture by fostering education, appreciation, and participation of the arts.
Where to Eat/Drink
- Walldorff Brewpub & Bistro: Family owned and operated, Walldorff’s is a great place to enjoy American food, craft brews, and wood-fired pizzas. Enjoy great food from our kitchen and premium handcrafted ales.
- Barry County Chamber of Commerce & Economic Development Alliance: Nestled between Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo and Lansing, we offer an array of outdoor recreational opportunities, charming small towns, must-see attractions and top-notch events.
- City of Hastings: Hastings is a vibrant community located on the Thornapple River in the heart of Barry County. You will find downtown Hastings to be the home of quaint shops and unique restaurants surrounded by nature’s beauty.
Other Nearby Stops
Nashville (16 minute drive)
- Moo-ville Creamery: A family fun destination with great, fresh dairy products! Visit MOO-ville for old fashioned down-on-the-farm fun and flavor. We are a one source creamery: we only use our own milk from our own cows!
Lake Odessa (22 minute drive)
- Lake Odessa Area Arts Commission: We are a municipal organization dedicated to promoting and encouraging the arts and cultural programming in the greater Lake Odessa area.
Ionia (45 minute drive)
- City of Ionia Downtown Development Authority: Here you will find a variety of restaurants, shops, and businesses located in a historic setting. Take a moment to enjoy the picturesque atmosphere and the friendly, personal service our local businesses provide.
- Ionia Area Chamber of Commerce: The resource for the best businesses and the most fun in and around Ionia! Providing supportive benefits and advocating for members while promoting the best our area has to offer.