Small Town Stay-cation Guide
Nestled along the deepest harbor in the Great Lakes, lies the charming 100 year old waterfront community of Harbor Springs, waiting to welcome year-round visitors who want to soak up the sunsets, spectacular views from the bluffs above or settle in on the shores of our crystal clear water.
Things to Do
- Harbor Springs Area Historical Society: The Harbor Springs History Museum features dynamic and interactive exhibits designed to educate the young and young-at-heart. Changing temporary exhibits feature a variety of topics of local interest.
- Harbor Springs Lyric Theatre: The Lyric is has brought Movies on Main back to downtown Harbor Springs! Featuring first run, classic, family, foreign, documentary, & educational films daily, all year long.
- Boyne Highlands Resort: We we provide plenty of excitement – from 435 skiable acres of terrain and Zipline Adventures right alongside exceptional golf, dinner theatre, and countless opportunities for guests to share time together with family and friends.
Where to Eat/Drink
- Stafford’s Pier Restaurant: A tribute to the maritime heritage of beautiful Harbor Springs, Stafford’s Pier Restaurant offers true waterfront dining, quite literally, as the Pier Restaurant was built on original pilings over the harbor.
Places to Stay
- Best Western of Harbor Springs: The hotel is near downtown Harbor Springs and welcomes guests with first-rate amenities. Hotel guests are just one mile from Petoskey State Park and Beach.
- Colonial Inn: The Colonial Inn Hotel is a limited service 42 room summer hotel in an historic inn (1894), but not a bed and breakfast. Expect gorgeous rooms with far more charm than a “Holiday Inn.”
- Holiday Vacation Rentals: Holiday Vacation Rentals offers a wide selection of northern Michigan vacation rentals, including luxury homes, cottages, cabins, and condominiums.
- Trout Creek Condominium Resort: Trout Creek Condominiums offers year ’round lodging in the northwest section of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula. Our central location is just minutes to northern Michigan’s top vacation destinations.
- Harbor Springs Area Chamber of Commerce: We are a member-driven organization whose main goal is to stimulate a vibrant business community that assures continued growth, tourism and responsible development which is accomplished through the diversity of our members.