Small Town Stay-cation Guide
Gun Lake Area
Includes Delton, Dorr, Shelbyville, Wayland
Many people are drawn to the Gun Lake Area due to the rural environment, but with easy access to US-131.
Wayland is located on the east side of beautiful Allegan County, halfway between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo.
Our residents find the location an ideal place to be – convenient to larger cities while maintaining that small Midwestern community that draws so many people here.
Things to Do
- Gun Lake Casino: With 24/7 slots, table games, and dining, here’s one more thing to love about West Michigan. We’re located smack between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo on US-131 at Exit 61.
Where to Eat/Drink
- Terrace Grille: We have all the ingredients necessary to delight your inner foodie. Our chefs offer an inspired menu brimming with locally sourced, sustainable ingredients, all paired with top wines and craft cocktails.
Places to Stay
- Ackers Point Resort: Acker’s Point Resort on beautiful Long Lake has been a favorite vacation spot for families since 1891. Stay at the 3-story rustic lodge, and enjoy the beach with clean sand for swimming, campfires, and children’s play area.
- Bay Pointe: Bay Pointe Inn on historic Gun Lake features elegant accommodations, exceptional service, & extraordinary casual dining. Amenities include an indoor pool, whirlpool spa, in-room massages, marina and boat rentals.
- Bay Pointe Woods: Bay Pointe Woods is a hidden jewel, ten stylish cottages, water and fire features, and picturesque gardens. It expertly integrates into its surroundings, welcoming guests to a seamless nature-centric retreat.
- Hungry Horse Campground: Hungry Horse is a campground where kids can be kids – splashing in the heated pools, climbing on the wooden playground or bouncing on a hayride – and adults can relax playing shuffleboard, horseshoes, walking on the hiking trails, or simply sitting around the campfire.
- Wayland Area Chamber of Commerce: Promoting the community and its economy is vital to the chamber. The Chamber recognizes that by working together and using our resources in a balanced manner we will accomplish our set mission. Our members consist of over 230 local business owners.