Small Town Stay-cation Guide
Grand Haven Area
Includes Spring Lake and Grand Haven
Every season brings an occasion to celebrate in the Grand Haven area!
Here you will find something for everyone including attractions, parks, beaches, shopping, dining and much more.
We also offer a wide variety of lodging options from family-friendly hotels, affordable motels, romantic bed & breakfasts to fantastic vacation homes and rustic cabins.
Things to Do
- Nelson Charters: Charters from Grand Haven at Grand Isle Marina slip 21A for King Salmon, Coho, Lake Trout, Steelhead & Brown Trout. 1-6 person charters on a 31 foot Tiara Hard Top.
- Courtyard Concerts: Our concerts feature national touring acts. Monies raised are returned to communities in northern Ottawa and southern Muskegon counties.
- Electric Bike Place: We would be honored in assisting you in finding the best electric bicycle for you. We also have bicycle classes, rentals, and corporate electric bike rentals. Plus, if something were to happen, we’re here for basic maintenance and repairs as well as any warranty claims.
- Freedom Boat Club of West Michigan: Join Freedom Boat Club and enjoy all the fun of boating without any of the hassle or responsibilities of boat ownership.
- Grand Haven Waterfront/Musical Fountain: The Grand Haven Musical Fountain is a synchronized water and light show accompanied with music of all varieties. Each 25-minute show features a variety of well-known music and plays at dusk.
- MACkite Boardsports Center: We specialize in kiteboarding gear and lessons along with Stand-Up Paddle Boards Rentals and Lessons.
- Seven Steps Up Live Music & Event Venue: Seven Steps Up Live Music & Event Venue is located in downtown Spring Lake in the heart of the Arts District in a renovated Masonic Temple.
- Skydive Grand Haven: View one of West Michigan’s most beautiful shorelines from 10,000 feet, at 120 mph!
- The Bookman: The Bookman is your locally owned, full service bookstore. We offer over 10,000 new books and thousands of used paperbacks. We stock a great selection of magazines, newspapers, and greeting cards.
- Tri-Cities Historical Museum: The Depot Museum of Transportation Museum located at 1 N. Harbor is open Spring thru Fall, and the main museum, the Akeley Building located at 200 Washington is open all year.
- Grand Haven Farmers Market: A market for farmers and small business owners to sell their fresh, Michigan grown and/or produced foods directly to customers.
Where to Eat/Drink
- Lemon Creek Winery Grand Haven Tasting Room: Lemon Creek’s Tasting Room in Grand Haven offers all of the award-winning, estate-grown wines from our winery in Berrien Springs.
- Old Boys’ Brewhouse: Whether you drop in for refreshment or nourishment or both, our fantastic staff will make sure to make your experience fun and enjoyable.
Places to Stay
- Best Western Beacon Inn: Visit beautiful Lake Michigan and stay at this Grand Haven, Michigan hotel offering convenient access to key attractions such as Light House Connector Park and the World’s Largest Musical Fountain.
- Grand Haven Area Convention & Visitors Bureau: Promoting and marketing the Grand Haven Area as the Midwest’s best overnight destination for leisure stays, meetings/events and tourism-related activities year-round by providing services, resources and tools that foster an environment for area businesses to deliver the ultimate visitor experience.
- Grand Haven Main Street: Where the sand sings, the sun glistens, and people laugh. Grand Haven year-round harmony of eateries, shops, arts, and style!
Other Nearby Stops
West Olive (15 minute drive)
- Crossroads Blueberry Market: A retail blueberry market selling fresh, locally grown fruit as well as baked goods, jams, jellies, sauces, honey, real fruit smoothies and Hudsonville ice cream.
- Ottawa County Parks: Ottawa County Parks has many offerings throughout the county, from events, to beaches, sledding, fishing, hinting, mountain bike & hiking trails, cross-country skiing and rental, sand volleyball, disc golf, and much more.
- Pigeon Creek Golf Course: Pigeon Creek Golf Course features all the hallmarks of Michigan links style golf. The course gives all levels of golfers an enjoyable experience offering 4 different tees to choose from.
- Reenders Blueberry Farms: With 12 different varieties of blueberries, we have over 800 acres of blueberry plants. U-Pick or we pick. Also stop by our market with a large range of products!
- Sandy Point Beach House: Sandy Point Beach House is a casual fine dining restaurant featuring New American cuisine: bringing new culinary trends, fresh seafood, and steaks of the best quality to your plate.
Coopersville (25 minute drive)
- Coopersville & Marne Railway: West Michigan’s all-volunteer, Historic Railroad operates 90-minute round-trips in vintage train cars.
- Coopersville Farm Museum & Event Center: So many things to see and do at Coopersville Farm Museum; kids area, tractors, quilts, collections, art, and more!
- Coopersville Historical Museum: The museum’s main building, a charming brick structure, was once a depot and substation for the Grand Rapids, Grand Haven & Muskegon Railway. Adjoining this historic structure is the rustically designed Sawmill and Early Settlers Building.
- Conestoga Grand River Campground: Enjoy camping at its best on the beautiful Grand River between Grand Rapids and Grand Haven.