Small Town Stay-cation Guide
Branch County, also known as Coldwater Country, is located in southern Michigan, half-way between Chicago and Detroit along the Old Sauk Trail/the U.S. 12 Heritage Route. I-69 runs north and south in the middle of the county, making Branch County easily accessible from either I-94 to the north or the 80/90 Toll Road to the south.
Whether you are looking for spa treatment, a fishing get-away, family vacations or de-stressing after a long work week, Coldwater Country is the place to be. Visit our Capri Drive-In movie, the steam engine train rides, ride the go karts or explore the virtual reality lounges or laser tag & maze, catch a live performance at the Tibbits Opera House or visit the Allen Antique Malls for that one-of-a-kind gift.
Things to Do
- Capri Drive-In Theatre: Load up the car and head to the Capri Drive-In Theatre to catch a double feature on the big screen. The Capri has two screens, and can hold about 900 cars. Tune your car radio to the right frequency for your screen, and grab your popcorn!
- Tibbits Opera House: Tibbits’ stunning french second empire facade draws you into a intimate 500-seat house, featuring a horseshoe-shaped balcony and near-perfect acoustics. The 1882 building also hosts rotating gallery exhibitions and a gift shop in the lower level.
- Coldwater Country Conference & Visitors Bureau: Coldwater, Bronson, Union City and Quincy make up the quaint communities where you can find home-town festivals, boutique shops, many lakes and events make this area a great place to escape to. Also covering Hillsdale County’s communities of Allen, Hillsdale, Jonesville and Somerset Center.
Other Nearby Stops
Colon (23 minute drive)
- Chamber of Commerce of the Greater Colon Area: Colon is The Magic Capital of the World and it seems like there is something magical happening just about every week. Enjoy the museum, spend a day on the lakes, relax, and visit our eateries. Browse not one, not two, but THREE brick and mortar magic shops.
Leonidas (30 minute drive)
- En Gedi Campground River Resort: Set on the beautiful and tranquil banks of the St. Joseph River, En Gedi is a great spot for canoeing, fishing, camping, and a lot of other fun activities. Open Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day.
Jones (1 hour drive)
- Maple Row Sugarhouse: At Maple Row Sugarhouse we are all about pure maple syrup and everything maple. Come maple season when the weather conditions are just right, we harvest sap from local maple trees in Southwest Michigan, bring it back to our Sugarhouse and boil it with care and family pride.