Small Town Stay-cation Guide
Berrien Springs is located just 12 miles to Lake Michigan’s beautiful beaches with many farm markets, u-picks and wineries nearby.
Baroda is nestled in a beautiful country setting of rolling hills, flowing vineyards, orchards filled with blossoms and acres of golden grain.
Spend an afternoon making wine, dancing at a summer party, or simply enjoying the countryside.
Their quaint brick main street reminds you of an era long ago, when life wasn’t so busy.
Things to Do
- Berrien County Youth Fair Association: Known as the midwest’s largest youth fair, the Berrien County Youth Fair is a week long exhibition each August showing off the county youths talents and projects.
Where to Eat/Drink
- Baroda Founders Wine Cellar: Baroda Founders features a wide range of wines, including classic varietals grown in the Lake Michigan Shore AVA, delightful dessert wines (ice wines and chocolate-enhanced reds) and fruit-flavor-infused whites.
- Dablon Vineyards: Believing that exceptional wine comes from exceptional grapes and their unique terroir, our grapes are hand-nurtured from the time they are planted, until the grapes are harvested. Our wines are produced in our hillside facility and stored in an underground cellar.
- Lemon Creek Winery: Lemon Creek Winery is a family-owned and operated artisanal producer of estate grown wines.From award winning dry red and white wines to delectable dessert wines, there is sure to be a wine for any palate. Wine tasting is offered daily, groups welcome by reservation.
Places to Stay
- Among the Vineyards Bed and Breakfast: We are a beautiful 4-bedroom B&B, tucked into the southern heart of the Lake Michigan Shore Wine Trail and minutes from wineries, micro-brews, u-pick orchards, quaint small towns, and the white sandy beaches of Lake Michigan.
Other Nearby Stops
Buchanan (12 minute drive)
- Hickory Creek Winery: We are the smallest production winery on the Lake Michigan Shore Wine Trail, with wines hand crafted from locally grown fruit. Try our award winning wines that are served in some of the finest restaurants in Chicago and SW Michigan!
Dowagiac (22 minute drive)
- Four Winds Dowagiac: Dive into the excitement on our expansive 12,000 square foot gaming floor. From penny slots to $1, all of your favorite games are here!
Decatur (39 minute drive)
- Oak Shores Campground: Oak Shores offers 248 sites with many amenities. The kids will love the “Little Tikes Playground” and the planned activities. The offer boat rentals, a pool, and well-behaved pets are welcome.