North | Includes Carp Lake & Mackinaw City
Mackinaw City….Michigan’s favorite vacation destination. For your entertainment there is an abundance of things to do from experiencing one of our State Historic Parks, flying high above the waters parasailing, or catching a ferry to and from Mackinac Island.
Things to Do
- Mackinac State Historic Parks: We protect, preserve, and present Mackinac’s rich historic and natural resources to provide outstanding educational and recreational experiences for the public.
- Shepler’s Mackinac Island Ferry: Fastest fleet, most frequent departures. Daily departures from Mackinaw City and St. Ignace.
- Star Line Mackinac Island Ferry: High tail it to Mackinac Island on the fast, frequent, fun, and friendly hydro-jet ferry service.
- Odawa Casino Mackinaw City: Our cozy casino offers you the hottest slot machines for all your gaming delights. Be sure to stop by Mukwa Bar & Grill to try our famous Odawa burger.
- The Mackinaw Club Golf Course: If there’s one golf course in Northern Michigan that offers affordability, scenery, challenge, and fun, it’s the Mackinaw Club Golf Course.
Where to Eat/Drink
- Audie’s Restaurant: Audie’s Restaurant offers fine food & fast, friendly service in their Family Room, or leisurely dining excelling in regional cuisine in the Chippewa Room.
- Grand Traverse Distillery: True North Vodkas – including Rye, Wheat, Cherry, Chocolate & Chipotle; Ole George 100% Rye Whiskey, 100% Straight Bourbon, Double Barrel Ole George, Islay Rye, Cherry Whiskey; Peninsula Gin, Barrel Finished Gin; Silver Reserve Rum, Dark Reserve Rum.
Places to Stay
- Bayside Hotel of Mackinac: The Bayside Hotel of Mackinac is conveniently located on Huron Street in Mackinaw City and is directly across the street from the Mackinac Island ferry docks.
- Bridge Vista Beach Hotel: It is our goal to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Start your day with our complimentary hot breakfast, served from 7 to 10 AM in our spacious breakfast room.
- Cabins of Mackinaw: Upgraded two-story interior private cabins with hotel-quality amenities. Directly across from the Mackinac Island ferry dock.
- Mackinac Lakefront Cabin Rentals: Enjoy a cabin rental on the shores of beautiful Lake Huron at our family friendly resort just outside of Mackinaw City. Featuring sixteen modern cabins and shaded RV sites.
- Mackinaw Beach & Bay: We’ll delight you with outstanding personalized service, beautiful waterside suites, spectacular bridge views, large private beach, our indoor pool, hot tub, and easy access to world-class attractions and unique shopping experiences.
- Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping: 600 campsites for all types of campers from large RVs to small tents, plus beautiful summer lakefront cabin and cottage rentals.
- Rainbow Motel: Family owned and operated. All clean & smoke-free rooms on the first floor with parking conveniently located close to your room.
- Waterfront Inn: Family-owned and operated, the Waterfront Inn continues to pride itself on offering clean and comfortable beachfront hotel rooms at an affordable price to visitors of Mackinaw City and Mackinac Island.
- Click for all the places to stay in Mackinaw City
- Mackinaw City Chamber of Tourism: Learn about the Straits of Mackinac, Colonial Michilimackinac, Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse & Fort Mackinac!
- Mackinaw Area Visitors Bureau: Mackinaw has over 2700 hotel/motel rooms, 100s of campsites, and luxurious B&Bs.
- Greater Mackinaw City Chamber of Commerce: We recommend all of our member businesses as top providers of customer service.
- MackinawInfo.com: We offer comprehensive information about Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, and the UP.