It’s an island suspended in a forgotten, more innocent time. There are no automobiles allowed on Mackinac Island, making you feel as though you’ve stepped back in time when you disembark at the ferry dock. Relive the simple pleasures of life. Come to our island. Stay the night. On Mackinac Island, every day is timeless, every night precious.
Things to Do
- Mackinac Island Carriage Tours: Relax and explore on a narrated, historic, and scenic horse-drawn carriage ride through Mackinac Island.
Where to Eat/Drink
- JoAnn’s Fudge: Fudge made with fresh cream & butter in every batch. Handmade candies, taffy, peanut brittle & ice cream.
- Murdick’s Fudge: Through the generations, Murdick’s Fudge on Mackinac Island has been recognized as an iconic Michigan favorite.
Places to Stay
- Bicycle Street Inn & Waterfront Collection: Superbly located on Main Street in the center of downtown Mackinac Island, Bicycle Street Inn & Suites and Waterfront Collection encompasses three hotels featuring 84 guest rooms and suites, plus walk-out balconies offering unparalleled views of our quaint shops and gorgeous Straits of Mackinac.
- Chippewa Hotel: It’s time to relax and rejuvenate your mind, body, and soul on Mackinac Island. Let your worries dissolve here. Enjoy a leisurely pace, or move at the pace of business.
- Cottage Inn: Cottage Inn of Mackinac Island is a beautiful inn built with Victorian style and charm.
- Grand Hotel: Experience the tradition of Grand Hotel, located on northern Michigan’s Mackinac Island. You will never forget the spectacular views from a rocking chair overlooking the Straits of Mackinac from the world’s longest porch.
- Harbour View Inn: The Harbour View Inn is a small European-influenced hotel complex comprised of four individual buildings: the Chateau LaFramboise, the Carriage House, the Guest House, and the Cottage.
- Hotel Iroquois: A seasonal stunner, this classically sophisticated and intimate hotel captivates first-time visitors and longtime guests with its singular combination of beautifully decorated guest rooms and suites, fine dining, and unparalleled waterfront location.
- Island House Hotel: Mackinac Island’s most historic hotel offers beautiful waterfront views, the ideal location to downtown, and modern amenities with a cozy, old-world appeal.
- Lilac Tree Suites & Spa: Come stay at the Lilac Tree Hotel, conveniently located in the middle of Downtown Mackinac Island and enjoy our all-suites accommodations.
- Mission Point: Located on the island’s sunrise side, Mission Point spans 18 acres of waterfront property on Lake Huron, creating an unparalleled setting for guests to savor life’s simple pleasures.
- The Inn at Stonecliffe: The Inn at Stonecliffe welcomes you to experience the historic charm and unparalleled beauty of this one-of-a-kind Mackinac Island summer estate hotel.
- The Mackinac House: The Mackinac House encompasses all the charm the island offers and is located steps away from it all.
- Mackinac Island Tourism: Michigan’s crown jewel, America’s top fresh water destination, and the summer capital of the world.