Grand Rapids Area
Central | Includes Alto, Grand Rapids, Standale, Byron Center, Caledonia, Comstock Park, Gowen, Grandville, Kentwood, Walker, Wyoming
From the world-class attractions and outdoor recreation, to the culinary and craft beverage scene – it’s an amazing place to live, work and play. Learn more about our trend-setting beer, food, art and music scenes. A wonderland of outdoor recreation and family fun.
Things to Do
- Blandford Nature Center: Blandford Nature Center offers 264 acres of natural land as a resource for West Michigan families to enjoy outdoor recreational activities and educational programming year-round.
- BattleGR Tactical Games: We are vastly different from any other laser tag in West Michigan, with army-replica taggers, red/green dot scopes, many different objective-based games, and fun like you have never experienced before.
- Boulder Ridge Wild Animal Park: Located on 80 acres of land in Alto, Boulder Ridge Wild Animal Park is a unique, hands-on experience for the entire family. The park boasts a distinct collection of exotic animals and reptiles.
- Catch Air Grand Rapids: Stop by for fun, safe, unique, dynamic, and interactive activities for the kids. They’ll dance, play, and climb through a laser show, bubble dance party, giant three story soft play castle , interactive toys, and lots more.
- Circle Theatre: New this summer, Circle Theatre has launched the “Circle Summer Fundraising Concerts at Paddock Place,” as well as a series of Popup Concert right on the lawn at their theatre in Eastown! They are also continuing their “Circle Virtual Events” featuring trivia nights, cast reunions, and living room concerts.
- Frederik Meijer Gardens: Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park promotes the enjoyment, understanding and appreciation of gardens, sculpture, the natural environment and the arts. Visit for indoor and outdoor gardens, sculptures, walking paths, kids’ gardens, and more.
- Gerald R Ford Presidential Museum: The Gerald R. Ford Museum brings American history to life. Diverse exhibits show the real stuff of history, sparking curiosity and enthusiasm about our nation’s history and government.
- Grand Rapids African American Museum & Archives: Our mission is to promote, preserve, display, collect and honor the lives, culture, history and accomplishments of African, African American, and connected peoples in the Greater Grand Rapids community.
- Grand Rapids Children’s Museum: The Grand Rapids Children’s Museum is dedicated to building minds through play. GRCM is a place where children rule, and all are welcome to play, imagine, and explore the interactive exhibits and hands-on programming.
- Grand Rapids Public Museum: The Grand Rapids Public Museum is a place of never-ending inspiration and discovery, with a focus on science, history and culture.
- John Ball Zoo: Home to over 1,400 animals including lions, tigers, grizzly bear, chimpanzees, penguins, and many more.
- Saskatoon Golf Club: Offering 36 challenging holes, pro shop, rentals, driving range, 3-hole course. Full-service restaurant & bar.
- Thornapple Pointe Golf Club: Visit Thornapple Pointe’s expansive 18 hole course, featuring bentgrass fairways and impeccably groomed tees and greens.
- TreeRunner Grand Rapids: Adventurers aged 4 (junior course) and up are welcome to enjoy the fun challenges and experience all the twists, turns and thrills on a self-guided aerial treetop tour.
Where to Eat/Drink
- Atwater Brewery in GR: Atwater holds true to making traditional German style lagers, along with unique boutique ales.
- Bistro Bella Vita: Fresh. Natural. Local. Mediterranean countryside cuisine.
- Cooper’s Hawk Winery: Cooper’s Hawk has created a modern, casual dining experience with warm hospitality in an inviting upscale setting. Our culinary team has designed a contemporary American menu infused with flavors from around the world.
- Cork Wine & Grille: Conveniently located in Cascade Township, Cork Wine & Grille provides its guests with a one-of-a-kind marriage of food, drink,and contemporary atmosphere.
- DeHops Brewing Co: Standale’s newest destination & Grand Rapids’ new favorite brewery, bringing exceptionally brewed beer & a modern-day Amsterdam vibe to West Michigan & Beer City, USA!
- Eastern Kille Distillery: Crafting authentic spirits from grain to bottle with natural elements in the heart of Grand Rapids. With our bourbon, gin and whiskey, we respect tradition but dare to explore unique flavor profiles.
- Firerock Grille: FireRock Grille is named after the 500-degree lava stones that guests can use to cook signature dishes! We are open to the public & offer a variety of dining atmospheres, including a 200 seat patio with fire pits.
- Founders Brewing Co: Founders Brewing Co. brews complex, in-your-face ales, with huge aromatics and tons of flavor. Founders ranks among the top 30 largest craft breweries in the U.S. and is one of the fastest growing.
- Fruit Ridge Markets: Come and explore the wonders of country farm markets by selecting fresh fruits and vegetables, purchase unique crafts & flowers, and tour the scenic roadsides and historical markers.
- Grand Rapids Brewing Company: We’re the first USDA Certified organic brewery in Michigan, and one of less than two dozen in the country.
- Grand Rapids Downtown Market: A year-round hub of local food innovation, healthy-living education and right-before-your-eyes preparation. Downtown Market is going to change the way you experience food culture.
- Gravity Taphouse Grille: Gravity is a unique-to-Grand-Rapids restaurant concept that combines superior food, an expansive selection of beer, and a contemporary and inviting atmosphere.
- Great Lakes Pub Cruiser: We are a 16-person party bike totally powered by pedals, which is bringing smiles to the patrons of Grand Rapids.
- Harmony Hall: Located on the Westside of Grand Rapids in the completely renovated Little Mexico building, we have crafted a menu and atmosphere with German beer hall influences.
- HopCat: At HopCat Grand Rapids we specialize in offering a wide range of regional, global, and Belgian beers with 49 taps, a firkin (monthly tappings) and a 250-bottle list that’s one of the best in the country.
- Long Road Distillers: Long Road Distillers, Grand Rapids’ first craft distillery, uses the finest locally-sourced ingredients, fermented and distilled honestly, to create spirits of uncompromising quality. Cocktails, small-bites, and bottles to-go, proudly served in the neighborhood they call home.
- MeXo: Prehispanic-influenced modern Mexican cuisine featuring Chef Oscar’s authentic regional cuisine, craft margaritas, and extensive tequila and mezcal selections.
- New Hotel Mertens: New Hotel Mertens is a French brasserie, bakery, and rooftop lounge set in a downtown Grand Rapids, 1914-built former hotel lobby & dining room of the same name.
- New Holland Brewing the Knickerbocker: Strategically placed at the gateway to Grand Rapids’ historic Westside, New Holland Brewing – Grand Rapids is a taste of many world traditions that have been rediscovered and presented with a fresh perspective.
- Perrin Brewing Co: We’re committed to crafting high quality and consistent brews among each of the products with a focus on a classic look backed with a revolutionary taste.
- Reds at Thousand Oaks: Reds provides a dining experience like no other. The modern design provides a warm, friendly atmosphere for guests to enjoy hand cut steaks, seafood, specialty pizzas, and hand-crafted appetizers.
- Robinette’s: Visit for our apples, peaches, cherries, corn maze, cider mill, bakery, donuts, lunches, mountain bike trail, hayrides, and pumpkins. You’ll also find a winery & tasting bar adjacent to the gift barn.
- Rush Creek Bistro: Rush Creek Bistro is open to the public and boasts a casual dining atmosphere and large patio that are a perfect fit for both people on the go and those who want to enjoy a leisurely meal.
- Stan Diego Baja Taco Kitchen: Stan Diego is a place where the tacos are always fresh & the salsa is always spicy. It’s your SoCal home away from home.
- Stella’s Lounge: Strong drinks, local artwork, friendly servers.
- Terra: Locally sourced, sustainable, farm-to-table restaurant in Eastown Grand Rapids
- The Green Well: At The Green Well, we’re dishing up something better: different food and beverage offerings, a different standard of service and quality, and a higher expectation of what dining out should be.
- The Mitten Brewing Co: The Mitten Brewing Co. is a vintage baseball-themed microbrewery that expertly pairs handcrafted beers with gourmet pizzas.
- Vintage Prime & Seafood: With more variety than a traditional steakhouse, Vintage offers prime aged steaks, fresh seafood and chef-inspired cuisine with traditional and specialty a la carte sides.
- Wheelhouse: The Wheelhouse features a contemporary twist on classic American bistro fare with seasonal recipes inspired by our Chef’s ongoing partnership with local suppliers.
- Zoko822: A casual fine dining restaurant with Basque-inspired cuisine featuring northern Spanish and southern French small plates, an extensive gin collection, craft beer, and cocktails.
Places to Stay
- CityFlatsHotel: CityFlatsHotel Grand Rapids is a 28 room boutique hotel in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids.
- The Grand River Hotel: Nestled on the banks of the Grand River, The Grand River Hotel provides immediate access to many of the best sights in the city.
- Click to view all places to stay in Grand Rapids
- Experience Grand Rapids: Easy to get to, easy to get around in, easy to afford. No wonder Expedia calls Grand Rapids one of America’s Super Cool Cities.
- Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce: Creating opportunities for business success. Information resource for businesses & newcomers.
- Hello West Michigan: We’re building a better future for West Michigan Business, by attracting and retaining the nation’s top talent.