The holidays will be here before you know it, starting with Thanksgiving on Thursday, November 25. With so many turkey dinners, travel plans, and holiday kickoffs, it can be hard to keep track of everything going on! We’ve pulled together some great options for you, no matter if you’re celebrating the holidays at home, dining out, or visiting family in West Michigan.
Boost Your Thanksgiving Dinner
- Get inspiration for your menu plan with the Michigan Farmers Market Association’s recipe cards! Available in English, Spanish, and Arabic, they feature Michigan farmers market fresh flavors like Glazed Honey Carrots, Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash, and more.
- No matter where you are celebrating the Thanksgiving holiday, Pierce Cedar Creek Institute invites you to spend 30 Days Giving Thanks to Nature. They’ve developed a self-guided walk and calendar program, providing inspiration on how you can show gratitude to nature in November. Find more information on their website.
- Journeyman Distillery’s Thanksgiving Bourbon Pumpkin Cheesecakes are available for pre-order for your holiday weekend festivities – yum! Place your order by November 18th.
- Bowerman Blueberries in Holland has opened up their delicious Thanksgiving pre-order treats. Check out their lineup of pies, coffee cake, and quiches and place your order!
- Let Barrel Back Restaurant in Walloon Lake help you with the Thanksgiving turkey prep this year, and pre-order a smoked turkey and homemade sides until November 11. Pick it all up on November 24, just in time for the big day.
Thanksgiving Dining Locations
- Join Bay Pointe Woods on Thursday, November 25 for their Thanksgiving buffet! This brunch style buffet will feature a full bar, live music, and all of your favorite Thanksgiving dishes. Reservations are recommended so be sure to plan ahead.
- Local eateries in Saugatuck are accepting prepaid orders for fresh turkeys, and prepared sides, appetizers, and desserts that will really leave you feeling thankful. See a full list of their restaurants here.
- Enjoy a Thanksgiving buffet from several West Michigan restaurants! On Thursday, November 25, head to Boatwerks Waterfront in Holland, Cork Wine & Grille in Grand Rapids, FireRock Grille in Caledonia, RedRock Grille in Holland, Reds at Thousand Oaks in Grand Rapids, or Rush Creek Bistro in Grandville. Each will be serving delicious salads, roasted turkey, carved ham and beef, plus additional entrees, side dishes, desserts & more! Reservations are limited, so reserve your spot today.
- Take a break from the turkey and stuffing and enjoy a wine paired dinner hosted by Black Star Farms in Traverse City on Saturday, November 27.
- Crystal Mountain in Thompsonville wants you to enjoy a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings – without stepping foot in the kitchen! Feast on fresh thyme and peppercorn rubbed Michigan turkey, honey mustard glazed ham, Michigan fall stuffing, freshly baked pumpkin pie, and more. Pre-order their ready-to-go meal in time for Thanksgiving day.
- Shanty Creek Resort in Bellaire is offering a full, delicious Thanksgiving meal to-go with delicious holiday favorites like green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, candied yams, and of course, roasted turkey!
- Drummond Island Resort’s on-site restaurant, Pins Bar & Grill, is offering Thanksgiving dinners for pick up, with all your comfort foods included, plus local beers and crafty cocktails. Be sure to also check out their cabins – hunters will love the new Turtle Ridge Lodge, situated on 200 private wooded acres of hunting land!
Lodging and More
- Saugatuck invites you to gather with your loved ones and make some memories in one of their cozy cottages or luxury lakefront rentals, allowing you to roast and carve your own turkey but avoid all the stress that comes with cooking everything from scratch.
- Looking for lodging in Petoskey? This is a great time to take advantage of The Terrace Inn’s Fall Weekday Special – stay two nights and get a $25 dinner voucher!
- Shanty Creek Resort in Bellaire wants you to leave the cooking to them this Thanksgiving, letting you enjoy the slopes! Reserve a complete Thanksgiving meal to go, with everything for a delicious, home cooked holiday dinner. Stay for the weekend and enjoy a full weekend of activities, like movies, ski swaps, and Short’s Brewing Company’s Brewski Bash to kickoff ski season.
- Enjoy a stay at the Drummond Island Resort cabins. Hunters will love the new Turtle Ridge Lodge, situated on 200 private wooded acres of hunting land, and their on-site restaurant, Pins Bar & Grill, is offering delicious Thanksgiving dinners for pick up.
Holiday Weekend Activities and Shopping
- Light up the season during the official lighting of the South Haven holiday tree on November 26. Their Holiday in the Park celebration has got so much fun in store, including ice skating, a Santa Paws Pet Parade, luminaries, and more!
- This year’s Christmas parade in Battle Creek is a tribute to essential workers. On November 20, the parade will make its way through downtown Battle Creek, and also launch the beloved International Festival of Lights.
- Embrace thankfulness with the help of a paper store in Marshall. The retailer sells all the stationary products you need to start a gratitude journal, send thank-you cards, or create personalized place cards.
- Holland is excited to kick off the holidays with several events! The annual Holiday Open House kicks off the official beginning of the holiday season in Downtown Holland on November 20. The event is complete with carolers, Christmas trees, and Santa himself! Also, throughout November and December, the open-air, authentic Holiday Kerstmarkt offers a wonderful shopping experience for hand-crafted gifts and authentic Dutch holiday treats.
- Ludington is hosting a full slate of events for Thanksgiving weekend! From the Singletrack Showdown Bicycle Race, to Small Business Saturday steals in Downtown Ludington, there are lots of great things in store for activities on November 27. Cap off the day at the beautiful Aglow on the Avenue Parade and tree lighting ceremony.
- Will you be in Northern Michigan this holiday season? Take a look at the local chamber’s event calendars before you head up north. The Petoskey Area is highlighting lots of fun and great flavors, and Charlevoix has all sorts of holiday events in store as well!
- Kick off the holiday season with live reindeer, local vendors, and even a visit from Santa at the annual Walloon Lake Village Lighting on Wednesday, November 24.