Friday marked the start of the 65th year of skiing and riding for Crystal Mountain.
Season passholders, houseguests and Four Seasons Club members with Ultimate and Premium snowsports passes opened the resort for 2020-2021 winter season.
Video and photos of Friday’s first chairlift and ski/snowboard activity can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/
Skiing for the general public opens Saturday.
FOR SATURDAY: OPENING TO THE PUBLIC
- Lifts: open at 9 a.m. (Buck Quad, Crystal Clipper, Totem Carpets)
- Check the snow report for updated trails information.
Lift ticket rates: $89
- Lift tickets are available at Tickets & Rental and the Kinlochen Shop
- Beginner to Advanced terrain open
- NEW RFID gates!
WHAT CAN GUESTS DO TO BE PREPARED FOR OPENING?
- Always plan ahead so you know what to expect. Come prepared to ski! We will not have lockers open so you should get ready to ski at your car.
- Wear CDC-approved masks or face coverings inside and outside when you can’t social distance. There will be places throughout the resort where you cannot socially or physically distance from others. We require a mask in those areas – even outside.
ARE GUESTS ABLE TO BUY A DAY PASS TO SKI? Premier Season Passes, houseguests, Four Seasons Club members with Ultimate and Premium Snowsports plans and guests who have pre-purchased lift tickets will have guaranteed access to the mountain. So please buy your passes in advance of your visit. Same-day lift tickets may not available due to capacity limits.
Nordic Facts (cross-country skiing):
- Conditions are OK to kick off the season!
- What trails are open? Otter, Jack’s Rabbit, Loons, Aspen and Stride Right
- Conditions change hourly until it gets above freezing, and we’re working hard to get trails into shape for winter enjoyment.
- Best to Call Kinlochen for the latest in conditions. ext. 4000
- Regular hours are 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Ticket rates: $15 for a four-hour pass.
Fat Tire Bikes:
- Bikes have five-inch tires so you’re grooming the trails yourself!
- Aspen Trail and Betsie River Pathway
- Ask about our new fat tire bike fleet.
- Trail Tickets: $10 for a day pass, $99 annual pass.
- Rental: $19 for one hour; $25 for two hours.
- Brand new fleet of snowshoes: $15 for a one-hour rental and $19 for a two-hour rental
- Openings are available at Crystal Spa.
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City and a short drive from Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The 1,500-acre resort features lodging, dining, downhill and cross-country skiing, two championship golf courses, shopping, award-winning Crystal Spa, Michigan’s only alpine slide, Peak Fitness, the Park at Water’s Edge, Michigan Legacy Art Park, weddings, a conference center and real estate options. Visit www.CrystalMountain.com for more resort details or information about Four Seasons Club memberships.