Wassail at Virtue Cider
2170 62nd Street
Fennville, MI 49408 (269) 722-3232
Phone: (269) 722-3232
Our annual Wassail is back again at Virtue Cider, this year taking place on Saturday, February 16. Join us for our take on the English tradition of wassailing to bless the trees for a bountiful cider apple harvest the following year. We'll sing to the trees to cast out any harmful orchard spirits, while beckoning the good ones who will bring us a good harvest next season. This is an all-ages event until dark. (The after-dark orchard tour will be 21+, commencing with a live musical performance at 6pm.)
This event is free to attend, but there are additional activities you can add on that incur a fee.
What you can expect:
- Cider celebrations
- Food (English Cider Brunch Noon-3pm, Wassail Feast 5-8pm, Flame Roasted Virtue Cider Pork Sausages, bread, cheese and accoutrements) - suggested $10 per plate, pay on-site only - no reservations or advance food sales
- Traditional after-dark orchard processional (starting with a live fire performance at 6pm)
- Live music from Detroit Party Marching Band
- Dress for outdoor weather! We also welcome seasonal costumes or masks to keep with tradition.
Additional Activities: (These incur an activity fee, we recommend signing up in advance.) Please specify your desired times at the time of check-out.
• Percheron Horse-Drawn Sleigh Rides - $10: On the hour from noon-4pm (Please selects as an add-on to your RSVP here). $10 per person, all ages.
• Wassail Snowshoe Tours - $15 (BYO snowshoes) or $25 (with rental): Snowshoe through our trails, learn Wassail history, comes with cider and a bonfire to end your trip. (Please select as an add-on to your RSVP here) $15 per person all ages if you bring your own snowshoes, $25 per person all ages if you need them provided. Please dress for the cold and wear flat boots for the best snowshoe fit.
• Chicago Shuttle to Wassail - $10 (21+ only):
Book a spot for only $10 per person on our bus to and from Chicago that will take to you Wassail! We will email all shuttle riders a separate confirmation after purchase, and again before the event.
- Leaves from 1800 W. Fulton St. at 2pm CT.
- Arrives at Virtue 4pm ET.
- Leaves Virtue at 10pm ET.
- Returns to Chicago at midnight CT.