Great Lake-to-Lake Trails Inaugural Ride
60 Water Street
South Haven, MI 49090
Phone: (517) 485-6022
The Great Lake-to-Lake Trails Route #1 Inaugural Ride will bring together cycling enthusiasts for the first time on a 275-mile sightseeing trails adventure from South Haven to Port Huron. Highlighting Michigan’s multi-use trails system and back roads, the Great Lake-to-Lake Trails Route #1 Inaugural Ride cyclists will pedal through award-winning scenery in popular tourist destinations as well as towns off the beaten path. Riders will stay in hotels and inns along the way, flocking to each town during the evening, eager to explore local flavor, culture and eateries.
The ride celebrates the opening of the trail that culminates the unification of 9 counties, 34 municipalities and 42 townships in the state’s first fully-marked destination trail and will help to feature continued national attention on the nation’s leading trail state.
The 7-day, 6-night ride begins on the beautiful Lake Michigan beach town, South Haven. The route is connected by 16 individual trails, and these trails go through many popular Michigan destinations, including Kalamazoo, Jackson, Brighton, and Rochester Hills. The ride ends in the historical town of Port Huron, with picturesque views of Lake Huron.
Cyclists on the Inaugural Ride will also be treated to the first viewing of the Great Lake-to-Lake Trails Route #1 navigational trail head buoys. Two huge 2.5-ton original Great Lake maritime buoys are being refurbished to represent the start and end of the Great Lake-to-Lake Trails Route #1. This creates a perfect photo opportunity to record the beginning and completion of the bike tour, and photo submissions can be posted online.
Volunteers are need on route, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration opens April 15, 2019 at 8 AM
Price: $750.00 Race Fee + $37.50 Sign Up Fee
Registration ends August 15, 2019 at 5 PM
Included with the Inaugural Ride is:
· Includes dipping your tire in Lake Michigan and in Lake Huron
· Includes 5 breakfast, 6 catered dinners (includes the ceremonial meals)
· Includes ribbon-cutting ceremony, police escort
· Includes a preregistration dinner the night before the tour begins
· Includes a ceremonial breakfast on the beach at the start of the tour
· Free SAG stops, wayfinding and route marking
· Free transporting of cyclist luggage to and from recommended hotels each day
· Free secure overnight bike storage will be available
· · A bike maintenance support specialist is available on the route
· Includes First Aid and emergency support services and safety planning
· Includes extra afternoon activity in the Auburn Hills area
· Includes a finish line ceremony with photo opportunities and dinner in Port Huron
· Includes being a part of the first historical crossing on the Inaugural Ride
· All registered cyclist will receive a bike bell, Great Lake-To-Lake Trails Inaugural Ride 2019 path sign and limited edition Inaugural Ride biking gloves.
Additional information: https://runsignup.com/Race/gltl/Page-6