This campaign focuses on the stories of our traditional downtown retailers and restauranters. As non-appointment based businesses, this category has been hit the hardest with the pandemic response restrictions. The campaign highlights their stories and encourages the community to show up and support local. The City of Zeeland Marketing Department partnered with David & Brook and Tiffany Kraker/Marc Creative to design this campaign.
Follow our social media accounts facebook.com/feelthezeel and @feel-the-zeel on Instagram. Over the next 20 days we will unfold the story of our shopkeepers and restauranteurs and we will also invite the community to participate and earn prizes by shopping local and engaging with us on social media.
Some items to watch for:
Strength and Main video
Strength and Main window decals on the windows of some of our downtown service businesses
Strength and Main temporary tattoos and stickers to be given away at walk-in downtown locations
Strength and Main Newspaper – documenting the personal stories of our retailers and restaurateurs – mailed to the 49464 zip code and available for pick up distribution around downtown.
How can you participate/support this campaign?
- Like/follow @Zeeland-FeeltheZeel on Facebook and Instagram (if you haven’t already!)
- Share! Share! Share!
- Share our social media posts/videos/etc.
- Tag us! @Zeeland-Feel the Zeel
- use #StrengthandMain
- Comment on our posts. Facebook’s algorithm responds best the more you feed it. Likes are good. Shares and comments are better!
- Encourage your friends and colleagues to participate in the 10 Days of Giveaways (Starting Feb 2. More info to be released on social media in the days ahead.)
- Repeat #2 for the duration of the campaign (1/25 – 2/15). It’s important to keep momentum up and finish strong.
- Pick up extra copies of the Strength and Main newspaper and share them with friends. We will have extra copies at City Hall if you would like more.
- Wear the temporary tattoos. Show them off!
- Have fun! Spread the Zeel!
Thank you for your participation and support!