This year marks 25 years of excellence in wine and hospitality for Black Star Farms in Northwest Lower Michigan and they’re inviting you to celebrate. In 1998 Kerm Campbell, along with partners Don Coe and winemaker Lee Lutes began the adventure with an estate on 120 acres in Leelanau County. Today, this Black Star Farms flagship property near Traverse City has expanded to 160 acres including a winery production facility and tasting room, distillation program, 10-room Inn, events, equestrian facility, on-site dining, plus a second winery in Traverse City which was opened in 2010 on Old Mission Peninsula.
Kerm’s daughter, Sherri Fenton, and Lee Lutes are now at the helm. A truly dedicated team has allowed the Winery at Black Star Farms to win national and international awards and for the events and Inn to be award-winning. In celebration of the growth and public support, Team Black Star Farms is planning unique events all year long, including a special limited release of a 25th Anniversary Blanc de Noir. In addition to the winery’s regularly scheduled events, the extensive anniversary schedule is as follows:
March and April
- Inn BOGO and silver anniversary specials
Saturday April 1
- Good On Paper Improv Show at the Inn
Friday April 7
- Winemaking, Cheesemaking and Raclette Dinner Experience
Saturday April 22
- Earth Day specials and a charity partner
Saturday May 6
- Vertical Wine Tastings
Saturday June 10
- Pours for Pups Party. Bring your 4- legged friend.
Friday, July 14
- Our popular Great Lakes Fish Boil will return for one evening only.
Friday, July 28
- Celebrate 25 years of distillation with a Cocktail Party at our Suttons Bay tasting room.
Wednesday, August 9
- A new Chef’s Table-Themed Wine Dinner will feature seasonal ingredients from our own and regional farms, featuring Estate Chef John Korycki.
August Dates TBA
- Educational Wine History Tours focusing on Black Star Farms and the Michigan wine industry.
Friday, September 1
- The End of Summer Soirée will bring together our winery, events, and culinary teams for a special evening of food, wine, and more!
Wednesday, October 25
- This month’s Arcturos Dining Series will feature fall harvest bounties.
Sundays, October 22 & October 29
- Enjoy the fall colors with free, family-friendly Wagon Rides through our estate.
Friday, November 10
- Experience a special-themed Arcturos Dining Series inspired by our Estate Chef, John Korycki.
Friday, November 17
- Join us for a Noveau Release Party celebrating the 2023 harvest at our Suttons Bay tasting room.
Sunday, December 31
- Ring in the new year in style with our New Year’s Eve Wine Dinner.
Join the fun for a fantastic year celebrating award-winning wines, growth, and most importantly, guest support over 25 years! For details and ticketing, please visit the 25th Anniversary webpage at: https://www.blackstarfarms.com/25th-anniversary-celebrations/