Nature Center at Hemlock Crossing to open Friday
The Ottawa County Parks Nature Center located at Hemlock Crossing County Park will open for the first time since March this weekend for snowshoe rental.
The Pigeon Creek Park Lodge will also be open for cross-country ski and snowshoe rental through the weekend.
Be sure to check the rental hours and trail conditions before your visit: miottawa.org/trails
Nature Center at Hemlock Crossing
We are excited to announce the Ottawa County Parks Nature Center will have a soft re-opening on January 29, 2021. Much of the building will remain closed, but the restrooms will be open and snowshoe rental will be available.
Special Winter Hours
- Tuesday-Saturday: 10 am-7 pm (last rental at 5:30 pm, gear due back by 7 pm)
- Sunday, 12-5 pm (last rental at 3:30 pm, gear due back by 5 pm)
- Monday, 10 am-7 pm *Only during satisfactory snow conditions
- Masks are required for entry
- Capacity will be limited inside the rental area; be prepared to wait outdoors
- Concessions will not be available
- Confirm whether snowshoe rental is available online: miottawa.org/trails
- Snowshoe rental for 3 hours: $8; $2 per additional hour
- Ages 6 and under are free with a paid adult rental
- Snowshoes are available for ages 4+
Pigeon Creek Lodge & Equipment Rental
Ski and snowshoe rental is available at the Pigeon Creek Lodge. Visitors should expect some adjustments to our operation this year:
Pigeon Creek Lodge Equipment Rental Hours:
- Monday-Friday: 12-7 pm (gear due back by 8:30 pm)
- Saturday-Sunday: 10 am-5 pm rental (gear due back by 6:30 pm)
Park hours are 7 am-10 pm daily
- Rental equipment is only available during satisfactory snow conditions and our rental hours have changed. Before you visit, check online for lodge and rental information: miOttawa.org/
- Masks are required everywhere except out on ski/snowshoe trails, including the sledding hill.
- Ski and snowshoe rental will be available in the lodge. Capacity will be limited inside the rental area; be prepared to wait outdoors.
- The Lodge will not be open for warming or concessions. Please bring your own snacks and beverages, and be prepared to use your vehicle as base camp.
- Modern restrooms in the lodge will be open.
- Cross-country ski or snowshoe rental for 3 hours: $8; $2 per additional hour
- Snowshoe rental for those 6 and under is free with a paid adult rental
For more information, please visit: https://miottawa.org/