With the recent emergency order that allows meeting and event facilities to re-open and host more people for inside & outside gatherings, the decision has been made to shut down operation of the Smoke’N Tulip restaurant at the Holland Civic Center Place on Friday, October 30th after dinner service. This may be a temporary hiatus and the restaurant could emerge again in some form, depending on a variety of factors.
This decision coincides with the venue being used for more events, meetings, and sports-related activities starting in November. The Holland Civic Center Place has over 50,000 square feet of space and offers the West Michigan region a great location to host gatherings under the current restrictions. The venue can currently host indoor events from 10-175 people, as well as larger gatherings outside, while providing in-house food and beverage service when needed. If interested in booking an event, please email the venue at email@example.com or call 616-928-2000 for more information.
“We want to thank everyone that came out to experience the Smoke’N Tulip over the last couple of months, and invite everyone to come back before we have to close down on October 30th, in order to once again host events.”, said Chris Hart, Executive Director of the HCCP. The restaurant will be open for lunch (11am-2pm) and/or dinner (5pm-8pm) the following dates:
- Friday-10/23 (dinner only)
Patrons are welcome to join us for a dine-in experience, order something To-Go, or place an order through Grubhub.com. Reservations and To-Go orders can be made by calling 616-928-2006 during our business hours.
Specialty Events – First one will be Saturday, 10/31
We received some great feedback from guests regarding our food, and this has led the management team at the HCCP to develop some specialty food related events that we are looking at hosting as we move forward. Most likely these events will have specialty food item or style of cuisine, and they will be paired up with choices of a specialty cocktail, beer, or wine – depending on the event. These will be one-day events that will allow the venue to provide an experience to the West Michigan region. Please check back to our website and Facebook page for updates regarding these events.
The first event will be held Saturday, October 31st from 11am-4pm and will be:
Tacos & Margs: Rivalry Game – Michigan State vs. Michigan football game.
- Watch the game on our large projection screen in the Great Hall of the HCCP
- Tables and other seating options will be socially distanced in the space
- Masks are required, but can be removed when seated for food and beverages
- Variety of tacos & margaritas will be available for purchase – check website for detailed menu soon
- Tacos will be priced individually $3 or $4/each and margaritas will be $6/each
- Chips and Salsa also available, as well as soft drinks and a few beer selections
- All service will be done table side by servers.
- Wear your Green/White or Maize/Blue to support your team
- Since it is Halloween, we also welcome you to come dressed in a costume (masks still required). There will be some prizes given out to a selected few that impress our staff with their costumes
- Reservations are not required, but can be made by calling 616-928-2000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org – Let us know your name, how many in your group, and what time you plan on arriving.
About Holland Civic Center Place
The Holland Civic Center Place is located at 150 West 8th Street, Holland (MI). In addition to an ideal downtown location, the facility has flexibility to host large and small gatherings. Events hosted at the Civic Center include: graduation ceremonies, corporate parties/meetings, trade shows, public expos, adult/youth recreation activities, wedding receptions, civic group meetings, concerts, and many other possibilities.
VenuWorks provides customized management solutions for arenas, stadiums, theatres and convention centers throughout the country with services that include operations, catering, concessions, along with the booking and marketing of sports and entertainment events. www.venuworks.com