Paul Layendecker of 103.7 COSY-FM in South Haven chats with Courtney Sheffer, Marketing Director for the West Michigan Tourist Association. WMTA.org.
Funk Fest at The Livery: Wild & Sour Ales
The Livery brewery in Benton Harbor has their 6th Annual Funk Fest coming up next week.
- A celebration of wild & sour ales, which they make
- October 20th to 25th, 2020
- We will have specialty beer tappings, a new bottle release, and some funky food to try!!
- Look for something special each day starting Tuesday, October 20th and ending on Sunday, October 25th!
- Welcome to bring the whole family, pets included, in our extended heated beer garden! Even if the weather is cooling off (try something funky)!
Haunted Forest: Cannonsburg
The Haunted Forest is a spooky outdoor experience at Cannonsburg Ski Area in Grand Rapids.
- This time of year at Cannonsburg ski area, the woods are filled with zombies, witches, ghosts, and other monsters to encounter, as you try to make your way through a ½ mile long trail through the woods.
- A lit dirt path that winds through the forest, full of Scary props and actors to spook you.
- Thursday, Friday, and Saturday through October 31st. Thursday hours are 6pm-9pm, and Friday and Saturday hours are 6pm-10pm.
- The Haunted Forest happens in all weather conditions, so dress appropriately for the weather! There will be fire pits to gather round while waiting along with warm drinks and snacks available for purchase.
- Please be advised that social distancing rules must be followed!
Chemistry Day: Kalamazoo Valley Museum/Virtual
Sign up to use science to solve the crime of the notorious “Sticky Bandit”
- KVM’s 34th Annual Chemistry Day goes digital this Saturday (October 17, 2020, at 1 p.m.)
- Free Family-friendly program
- Register online for this digital mystery where you will use science to solve the crime!
- Professional chemists will lead you through hands-on experiments via ZOOM you can do at home to help you collect clues and figure out whodunit.
- No science experience necessary, and you can sign up to pick up a resource bag from the museum ahead of time with everything you’ll need for the experiments.