It’s almost that time of year again, when the crisp autumn days arrive, the grapes and apples are ready for harvest, and the trees blaze like a northern Michigan sunset. It’s almost time for Fab Fall in Traverse City.
The fun begins right after Labor Day. From September 8 through December 11, Fab Fall packages and specials provide deals on lodging, as well as money-saving offers for dining, shopping, wineries, spas, and more.
What’s there to do in fall, you ask? Here are five of our favorite things:
- Explore more than 40 wineries along the Traverse Wine Coast, where patios, sweeping vineyards, and tented pavilions allow patrons to sip safely.
- Hike the dunes and bike the trails that surround northern Michigan. There’s no better time to enjoy the great outdoors…or take a scenic drive!
- Wander the streets of downtown Traverse City, Frankfort, or Bellaire. Many restaurants have added or expanded outdoor seating, and shopping is made easy with social distancing and new store layouts.
- Go apple picking by day and cider drinking by night. The fall harvest is not to be missed, so be sure to stop by farmers markets, U-picks, and roadside stands to collect the autumn bounty.
- Just curl up by a fire in a quiet cabin for a weekend getaway. We all need a few moments of peace right now, and with a lake view and cozy fireplace, you’ll be feeling relaxed in no time.
Fall lodging must be directly booked through participating hotels available now at fabfall.com. Upon check-in, you’ll receive a code to unlock a digital coupon book and information on how to spend your time in all the best places of the season.
No matter how you choose to celebrate the return of autumn, you’ll know you’re in a pretty great place.
Traverse City is committed to being a safe destination for your next trip. Visit our website to learn more about our COVID-19 procedures.
ABOUT TRAVERSE CITY TOURISM
Traverse City Tourism is a nonprofit corporation that serves as the area’s official destination marketing organization. Traverse City Tourism works to enhance, reinforce, and develop the northern Michigan brand for potential visitors through advertising, marketing, trade shows, publications, sales missions, media relations, and Visitor Center services. Its experienced and knowledgeable team members are motivated by pride for their community and a desire to advance its economic well-being without sacrificing the values that make it a pretty great place. For details on lodging, attractions, and area events, visit traversecity.com.