The top priority for Gun Lake Casino remains the health and safety of guests and team members – and the best interest of this community is at the core of every thought-out decision made. In the ongoing effort to support this community, Gun Lake Casino and the Gun Lake Tribal Gaming Authority today announced plans to resume operations in a phased re-opening starting 8 a.m. on Monday, June 8, 2020.
The initial phase of opening will allow guests 21 years and up access to the property in a primarily smoke free environment with a face mask required. Gun Lake Casino will encourage social distancing practices consistent with recommendations from federal and applicable state and local public health authorities, and implement other enhanced health and safety protocols.
“We are excited to welcome our Guests and Team Members back to Gun Lake Casino,” said Sal Semola, president and chief operating officer for Gun Lake Casino. “In preparation for our re-opening, we have worked conscientiously to put extra safeguards and measures in place to ensure your continued health and safety. The result of these efforts is the Play It Safe Initiative.”
Play It Safe represents a comprehensive plan from Gun Lake Casino outlining efforts to keep guests, team members, and the community at large safe during a phased re-opening. Each operating department within Gun Lake Casino developed specific, detailed policies and procedures to adapt to new circumstances and new information.
Play It Safe is a result of hundreds of hours spent thinking about the community. All protocols are based on the most up-to-date information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Gun Lake Tribal Health & Human Services Department on sanitization processes and cleanliness recommendations for the hospitality industry, as well as other pertinent industries.
The full details of the program are available on the Gun Lake Casino website at: http://www.gunlakecasino.com/playitsafe
PLAY IT SAFE INITIATIVE KEY POINTS
- Open to guests 21 years and up from 8 a.m. to 3 a.m. daily.
- Closed 3 a.m. – 8 a.m. daily for intense and detailed cleaning of the entire facility.
- The casino will be primarily smoke free with limited, designated smoking areas.
- Face masks are required while visiting with the exception of times when you are consuming F&B products or smoking in a designated area. Guests are welcome to wear their own personal face mask and/or gloves. Each guest will be offered a mask upon entry.
- Every other slot machine powered on for adequate social distancing.
- Table games are available 8 a.m. – 2 a.m. with limited max occupancy for each game type.
- Self-serve beverage stations will be unavailable in the initial phase of opening. Beverages are available through cocktail servers or the nearest bar.
- Sandhill Café will open from 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. Sunday – Thursday and 11 a.m. – 12 a.m. Friday – Saturday.
- Sandhill Café Grab & Go will open 8 a.m. – 3 a.m. daily.
- Harvest Buffet will remain closed until further notice.
- Thermal cameras will installed at every entrance for discreet non-invasive three-part entry screening for all guests and team members. Any person displaying a temperature of 100.4°F or higher will not be allowed entry.
- Guests must park inside the parking garage for building access. Valet operations and surface parking lots are unavailable and all bus routes have been discontinued.
- Table game chip sanitization increased to augment the current rigorous standards of cleanliness.
- Standards for table game card change-outs have been enhanced to further limit the amount of card touches in all game types.
- The poker room will remain closed until further notice.
- All restaurants and bars have removed every other chair or barstool to limit capacity and condiments will be provided in single-use packets.
- Dedicated highly-attentive team members continuously sanitize all entrance doors, door handles, elevators, slots, chairs, restrooms, kiosks, ATMs, ledges, counters, hand rails, etc.
- Increased number of hand sanitizer stations with over fifty available in guest areas. Sanitizing wipes available throughout guest areas.
- The latest cleaning technology has been secured to further improve sanitation including electrostatic sprayers.
- Dedicated team member training as part of a return to work path with specific focus on COVID-19 safety and sanitation procedures.
Gun Lake Casino will continue to monitor guidelines and other public health innovations to revise and enhance these efforts. All updates regarding Gun Lake Casino’s phased re-opening schedule will be posted at: www.gunlakecasino.com.