Crystal Mountain will open its Betsie Valley golf course at noon Wednesday.
There will be several guidelines all golfers must adhere to so we can provide a safe and healthy environment for our community:
- All tee times must be booked and paid for in advance by calling (231) 378-2914.
- Golfers are asked to arrive NO MORE THAN 15 MINUTES prior to tee times and to leave the facility immediately after their round.
- Golfers must practice social distancing at all times – please stay six feet from one another, and wear face masks as directed by the CDC. Do not touch your playing partners. No high fives, fist bumps or handshakes. No sharing of equipment. Please adhere to physical distancing while walking down the fairway, searching for lost balls and on the greens is mandatory.
- Motorized golf carts will not be allowed at this time. All golfers must walk the course or use a pull cart.
- Personal, motorized golf carts will not be allowed.
- Food will not be served at this time. Clubhouses, driving ranges and practice putting greens are closed.
- We have eliminated touchpoints throughout the course for everyone’s safety.
- Players must leave flagstick in cups at all times. Foam cup fillers will keep the ball from going to the bottom of the hole. We encourage continuous putting and two-foot “gimmies” to all golfers.
- We have removed all ball washers, trash cans and water coolers. After play, please dispose of trash in receptacles.
- Bunker rakes have also been removed. Please play preferred lies in sand traps and smooth sand with your foot before exiting the bunker.
- We encourage golfers to be proactive and responsible for bringing their own hand sanitizer, water or other personal items for use while golfing.
As always, if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms such as coughing, fever or difficulty breathing, we ask that you stay home.
“Our goal here is to allow some outdoor recreation, while opening slowly, safely and wisely,” John Melcher, chief operating officer for Crystal Mountain, said. “I know there are a lot of rules, but safety for our staff and our guests remains our priority.”
All tee times must be booked by phone. Play will be staggered at half the rate between tees, allowing about 20 mins of play time between rounds. This will help spread out players so golfers are not lingering between holes.
Anyone not adhering to the guidelines will be asked to leave the property immediately.
Mountain Ridge is not open at this time. We look forward to opening that course when conditions allow.
A Golf Starter will be stationed outside the Golf Shop to direct guest entry, start groups off the first tee and to remind golfers of physical distancing.