On Wednesday March 25th 2020, The Choir of St John’s College, Cambridge, UK will perform the inaugural concert of the Andrew Larson Memorial Concert Series. This biennial series will benefit the music and ministry of the Grand Rapids Choir of Men and Boys.
Through the Andy Larson Memorial Fund, the Grand Rapids Choir of Men and Boys will collaborate with some of the world’s finest sacred artists. These special biennial programs will honor the life of Andy Larson, a former GRCMB Head Chorister who died in 2018, in a car accident at the age of 14.
Founded in the 1670s, the Choir of St John’s College is one of the finest collegiate choirs in the world, known for its rich, warm and distinctive sound; expressive interpretations; and ability to sing in a variety of styles. Directed by Andrew Nethsingha, the Choir will bring its trademark ‘St John’s Sound’ to audiences across the Atlantic, performing in Atlanta, Chicago, Grand Rapids, Seattle and San Francisco. This will be the Choir’s first visit to the USA since 2016.
• Tickets: www.grcmb.org
• Location: Basilica of St. Adalbert 654 Davis Ave. NW, Grand Rapids 49504
• Date & Time: Wednesday, March 25 7:00 PM
• Seating: Open seating within three reserved tiers: $20 – $35 – $50
• Additional Information
• Email receipt must be presented at the door – printed or digital NOTE: you should receive your email tickets immediately after purchase – please check your spam or junk mail folders if you do not see them. They are sent from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
• Arrive early for best seating within each section
• Concert programming will be listed on the Grand Rapids Choir of Men and Boys website as soon as it is available. www.grcmb.org
• Free Parking is available
• Barrier-free and wheelchair accessible
• Ticket proceeds benefit the Grand Rapids Choir of Men and Boys
About The Grand Rapids Choir of Men & Boys
Founded in 1989, the Grand Rapids Choir of Men & Boys has now entered its 30th year of offering West Michigan choral concerts and services in the style of the English Cathedrals. Equally dedicated to serving the music and spiritual education of children as well as serving the arts and worship communities of West Michigan. For those who travel to the British Isles to hear these glorious choirs sing the music of Byrd, Tallis, Britten, Vaughan Williams, Stanford, and Howells to name just a few, GRCMB presents the experience here in Grand Rapids. Not only singing in the 900 year old tradition of the choirs of men & boys, but also with their greatest choirmasters taking residence hers in Grand Rapids to train and lead GRCMB. Martin Neary of Westminster Abbey, Andrew Nethsingha of St. John’s College Choir, Cambridge, Matthew Owens of Wells Cathedral & Belfast Cathedral, and stateside, Richard Webster of Trinity Church Boston.
Come experience the joy and heavenly sounds of the Grand Rapids Choir of Men & Boys in one of their 14 performances this season. Information can be found at www.grcmb.org. All concerts by the Grand Rapids Choir of Men & Boys are offered free of charge as a gift to the community (with the exception of the upcoming St. John’s Benefit concert which is a ticketed event.)