There is never a shortage of fun in West Michigan! From cooking events in Whitehall, checking out museums in Holland, or heading up north to Traverse City for wine tours and fine dining — there is something for everyone.
Courtney Sheffer from the West Michigan Tourist Association joined My West Michigan Tuesday to share her top events to check out this month:
Art of Cookery/Whitehall
- The new year is a great time to pick up some new cooking skills! Learn during one of these hands-on classes at the Art of Cookery in Whitehall, with all classes small enough that you get to fully participate with plenty of guidance from the head cook.
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner on January 8th
- Pierogi Paradise: January 12th
- Electric Pressure Cooking: January 14th
- And plenty more throughout the month, and year!
- Museum on Tap: January 24th
- Join us for a fun filled evening tasting event to sample beer, wine and cider with the Museum on Tap fundraiser. Enjoy an exhibit on the history of brewing in Holland along with great food, a silent auction, and raffles. Included in the ticket prices are six, 4 oz pours and food. Proceeds support upcoming Museum programs and exhibits.
- January Free Second Monday: January 13th
- Join us for FREE admission the second Monday evening of every month.
- Spark!Lab and all of our exhibits will be open. Come and explore!
Chateau Chantal/Traverse City
- Burgundy Wine Dinner: January 18th
- Enjoy the cuisine of the Burgundy region paired with our own Northern Michigan wines. Like the region of Burgundy, we feature fantastic Chardonnays and Pinot Noirs that pair delightfully with this rustic winter cuisine.
- 3rd Annual Ice Wine Festival: January 25th
- Join us for a day-long celebration of all things Ice Wine!
- Each January we celebrate our unique ability to grow, harvest & produce one of the rarest products in the wine industry, Ice Wine!
- Celebrate the most unique wine of Northern Michigan – Ice Wine! Ice wine is made from grapes frozen naturally on the vine and fermented into a viscous and complex dessert wine. Sample our various ice wines, dessert wines, and food pairings while enjoying our outdoor fire pits with s’mores and winter activities. Regular wine and hot apple ciders are also available.
Grand Haven/Wine About Winter
- Friday, January 17th
- This unique event offers residents and visitors the opportunity to wander the heated sidewalks, in the midst of winter, and experience the warmth and vitality of our Grand Haven Main Street!
- TASTE popular wines from the many regions of Italy
- VIEW art from local artists
- SHOP beautiful boutiques
- RIDE the complimentary shuttle
- Artists Awards Presentation: 5pm –Tri-Cities Historical Museum
- ADMISSION: $5 / person: Includes wine tasting glass
- Buy your ticket, and then explore downtown, with different wine, treats, art, & more in the great variety of stores, including a Photography Exhibit at C2C Gallery.