It’s that time of the year again! Downtown Grand Rapids’ most sought-after New Year’s Eve event, Ballroom Bashes, returns December 31st. The party begins 8:00 pm New Year’s Eve and continues through 1:30 am January 1st. Partygoers are invited to celebrate throughout the decades – from the 1920’s to present!
Spanning across the Amway Grand Plaza and JW Marriott Grand Rapids, each of the four ballrooms feature distinct themes, ranging from a rat pack-era speakeasy cocktail lounge to a glamorous Belvedere & Moet Hennessey-sponsored bubbles and bling-themed ballroom.
The Ballroom Bashes span across two hotels and four themed ballrooms, including:
- Rat Pack Bourbon Lounge: Roar into 2020 with this Prohibition-style cocktail lounge at Amway Grand Plaza’s Imperial Ballroom.
- 80s & 90s Party: Ring in the new year by dancing to past favorites at Amway Grand Plaza’s Ambassador Ballroom
- Club JDub: Boogie 2019 away in the JW Marriott’s newly renovated International Ballroom, featuring music by local DJ Keller Shaw
- Bubbles & Bling: Celebrate favorite female artists from the past century in Amway Grand Plaza’s Pantlind Ballroom while sipping on Belvedere & Moet Hennessy bubbly
One ticket grants access to multiple parties. Late night pizza and hot dogs will be provided between 11:00 pm – 1:30 am. Must be 21 years of age to attend. Prices start at $65 and can be purchased here.
Overnight New Year’s Eve packages include two wristbands for ballroom parties and more!
- Courtyard by Marriott Grand Rapids Downtown – Starting rates $279 bookings available
- Amway Grand Plaza – Starting rates $299 bookings available
- JW Marriott Grand Rapids – Starting rates $349 bookings available
Other room accommodations include:
- Hyatt Place Grand Rapids/Downtown – Starting rates $209 bookings available
- Courtyard by Marriott Grand Rapids Downtown – Starting rates $219 bookings available
- AC Hotel Grand Rapids Downtown – Starting rates $249 bookings available
From decadent a la carte meals to Chinese take-out favorites, the following dining outlets are open:
- The Kitchen by Wolfgang Puck (reservations required)
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House (reservations required)
- Margaux (reservations recommended)
- The Bistro at the Courtyard by Marriott – late-night Chinese take-out from 11pm -3am
- GP Sports