There is a lot to celebrate this holiday season, including Michigan’s great outdoors! From water bottles, hoodies, cooking spices and eco-friendly products to pet tags and experience-based gifts, you’re bound to find the perfect gifts and stocking stuffers for those who love to hike, camp, fish, hunt, or explore.
These Goods are Good for Michigan is a program that brings together partners who work with the Michigan Department of Natural Resources to raise awareness and support for state parks, trails, and waterways. When you purchase from these businesses, you’re also giving to the great outdoors!
- Wear your feelings on your sleeve, literally, with Peninsulas apparel that celebrates state parks in Michigan’s Lower Peninsula and this year’s state parks centennial.
- If your best outdoor memories include your furry, hairy, scaly or feathery travel partners, mark 100 years of state parks with them! A new Michigan state park centennial limited-edition pet charm is perfect for collars, bridles, cages, leashes, or keychains.
- Enjoy a weekend of lantern-lit snowshoeing, morning runs, cross-country skiing, hiking, yoga, special speakers, and food and drink — all on the shores of Higgins Lake near Roscommon at the third annual Michigan Runner Girl Winter Getaway.
- Drunk’n Mosquito’s all-natural insect repellents offer the perfect – and eco-friendly! – blend of citronella, lime, lemongrass, eucalyptus, and vanilla.
- Add some flavor to your next barbecue or camping meal with Northern Spice Company’s fresh spice and herb blends that complement steak, poultry, and more.
- “Paint the Parks” is an artistic interpretation of today’s state parks system as showcased through the artwork of the Great Lakes Plein Air Painters Association. All original artwork is for sale through the online gallery, with 25% of proceeds going to support historic interpretation in state parks.
- The Chateau Grand Traverse “Wines of the Great Outdoors” series (found online and in stores statewide) highlights the best in Michigan agriculture and outdoor recreation.
- Show your love of Michigan state parks and trails in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula with Yooper Shirts’ line of shirts, stickers and more.
- Ann Arbor-based Espresso Royale Coffee’s five custom-labeled coffees make perfect stocking stuffers. The outdoor-inspired coffee is available online.
- Campers and boaters on your list will love a little help – courtesy of state park and harbor gift and ecards – in planning their next trip in Michigan state parks and harbors.
There wasn’t enough room to list them all, so head to Goods4mi.com to get to know all of the participating partners.