- August 7th-10th at Heritage Landing along shores of Muskegon Lake, Muskegon
- All ages events and music throughout 4-day festival including children’s area and activities
- Band lineup and tickets at unitymusicfestival.com/
Zeeland Chalk Festival
- August 9th & 10th on Elm St in downtown Zeeland
- Artists will be doing their chalk drawings throughout the day Friday which will be available to view Friday and Saturday. Event goers are encouraged to vote for their favorite. Public vote winner will be announced on Saturday
- Event will also include food trucks, live music, and outdoor games
Gull Meadows Sunflower Festival
- Sunflower Festival will take place over two weekends, August 9th-11th and 16th-18th at Gull Meadow Farms in Richland
- Come walk through a 5-acre field of brilliant colored sunflowers during the first ever Sunflower Festival at Gull Meadow Farms. On these special weekends, you will be able to enjoy the beautiful sunflower fields. With more than a dozen different colors of sunflowers
- Admission will be $13/person and will include a wagon ride out to the sunflower patch, both family activity areas, access to the sunflower fields, and 1 sunflower to cut and take home with you. There is also an option for you to cut more if you choose and take them home for an additional fee.
- Tickets are available at a discount if you pre-purchase online before the event. Find ticket information and schedule of events at gullmeadowfarms.com/special-events/sunflower-festival
Burning Foot Beer Festival
- Burning Foot Beer Festival is a celebration of beer, beach, art and music. The festival is held August 24th at Pere Marquette Beach, along Lake Michigan’s beautiful lakeshore in Muskegon, offering the perfect way to end the summer.
- Over 70 breweries from around the Great Lakes region will be featured along with food from local Muskegon restaurants
- Music lineup featuring local and national acts on two stages
- This year offers a “Hop Up” art tent and beach-site camping options
- Visit burningfoot.beer for schedule of events, ticket, and camping information.
West Michigan Photo Contest Public Voting Now Open!
- Over 900 photos were submitted for this year’s West Michigan photo contest and we’ve narrowed it down to the top 50, which are up for public voting
- Check out great photos of West Michigan, and help your favorite win the grand prize of being featured on next year’s West Michigan Carefree Travel Guide Cover!
- Vote on the West Michigan Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/pg/westmichigantourism/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1283469231820568