Macatawa Golf Club in Holland, Michigan has re-opened after completing extensive clubhouse renovations according to new owner Watermark Properties. The finished renovations include a new 350-seat grand ballroom, as well as, new enhanced golf memberships, pool memberships, and a combined golf/pool membership. Macatawa Golf Club’s newly enhanced membership benefits feature multi-golf club access to additional quality private and public golf clubs and courses in West Michigan. Macatawa Golf Club is also open to the public for golf, dining, events and banquet rentals.
This Fall 2019, the new RedRock Grille, a public restaurant on the lower level of the club, as well as, LiveGolf Studios PGA golf simulators for challenging year-round golf practice, lessons and tournaments for members and the public will complete the renovations.
Tom Holmes, Membership Director for Watermark Properties explains, “We have many outstanding membership programs and look forward to building the membership at Macatawa Golf Club. Having the Ravines Golf Club in Saugatuck nearby as an additional option for members, as well as opportunities to play at Sunnybrook Country Club and StoneWater Country Club in Grand Rapids really adds value to Macatawa Golf Club memberships.”
Watermark Properties now owns Macatawa Golf Clubin Holland, as well as, four private golf clubs in Grand Rapids: Watermark Country Club, StoneWater Country Club, Sunnybrook Country Club, and Thousand Oaks Golf Club. They also own two public courses: The Ravines Golf Clubin Saugatuck and Thornapple Pointe Golf Club in Grand Rapids.
New Openings and Facilities at Macatawa Golf Club
Macatawa Golf Club features an 18-hole challenging course designed by award-winning golf course architect, Ray Hearn, who was excited to design a beautiful course near the shores of Lake Michigan. With large, fast undulating greens, well-placed bunkers, and unique water features, Macatawa Golf Club provides an enjoyable round of golf for members and the public for all levels of play.
Exclusive for members:
- The pool facility includes a swimming pool with two lap lanes and a separate zero clearance pool for children. There are also tennis and pickle ball courts, a fitness center, and more.
Open to both members and the public:
- The new ballroom event space has seating for up to 350 guests overlooking the beautiful course with 180-degree outdoor views and a large covered open-air balcony. Another intimate Club Room, with seating for up to 60 guests, offers the perfect venue for small business or private events.
- A ceremony lawn area with views of the water has been designated for outdoor weddings.
- By Fall 2019, the new contemporary RedRock Grille restaurant will be open to the public seven days a week. RedRock Grille will include a creative inspired menu and outdoor dining on the lower level of the club.
- LiveGolfStudiosPGA golf simulators are also expected to be completed this Fall for year-round golf practice, lessons and tournaments for members and the public. Each of the simulators will allow golfers the ability to play over 50 golf courses with various challenge options. LiveGolf Studio course selections will include highly prestigious locations such as the Pebble Beach Golf Resorts, the Kohler Courses, St. Andrews Links®, as well as many other great golf courses in North America and the European continent. The Live Golf simulators were developed by AboutGolf and have been used on The Golf Channel, offering leading technology and accuracy programming.
About Watermark Properties
Watermark Propertiesowns private golf courses including Watermark Country Club, StoneWater Country Club, Sunnybrook Country Club, and Thousand Oaks Golf Club. Ravines Golf Club and Thornapple Pointe Golf Club are also part of the group and both operate as public facilities.
Macatawa Golf Cluboffers public play, as well as, memberships with added privileges to other Watermark Properties courses. Watermark Properties continues to grow and support the golf industry in West Michigan by providing a high-quality collection of facilities for members and public alike.
Watermark Properties COO Craig Smith says, “As we add great sites to our organization, we want to ensure that the additions continue to enhance the value of membership for all Watermark Properties members, as well as providing outstanding dining for the public and improved golf course conditions at all of our locations.”
About RedWater Restaurant Group
The RedWater Restaurant Group’s mission is to exceed customer expectations by delivering an experience through our hospitality, food and service and consistently creating quality meals using the freshest ingredients at a great value.
Macatawa Golf Club’s new restaurant, RedRock Grille, will join the RedWater Restaurant Group of seven other public restaurants in the Grand Rapids/Holland area including Boatwerks Waterfront Restaurant, Cork Wine & Grille, Vintage Prime & Seafood, FireRock Grille, Rush Creek Bistro, Gravity Taphouse Grille and Reds at Thousand Oaks.
In addition to offering numerous quality public dining establishments, RedWater Restaurant Group has event spaces for large and small business meetings, private events, and wedding receptions at all of their locations.