Waypost Brewing Dinner at The Bistro on the Boulevard
- Date: June 13th, 2019, 6:30pm – 9:30pm (will sell out, should get tickets now) at The Bistro on the Boulevard, St. Joseph
- Join us on June 13 for this exclusive opportunity to try an array of your favorite Waypost beers and a delicious meal prepared by the talented Chef at Bistro on the Boulevard in St Joseph.
- Price: $49 per person. Price of ticket includes a 5 course meal paired with impressive Waypost Brewing Beers, tax, and gratuity.
- Waypost will be at the dinner explaining the different beers.
- Join us for this exclusive opportunity to try an array of impressive Waypost Brewing beers and a delicious meal prepared by our talented Chef. Price of the ticket includes a carefully crafted 5-course dinner paired with five small batch brews, tax and tip included.
- The dinner includes Shrimp Scampi Crostini, Duck Salad, Pork Wings, and finishes with a Dark Chocolate Tart with Salted Pretzel Crust
Women of West Michigan Beer Tour
- Saturday, May 18th from noon – six pm from West Michigan Beer Tours
- This bus tour is a celebration of women in leadership roles in West Michigan’s craft beer industry and will feature a trio of stops to relatively new breweries.
- The tour begins with registration at Paw Paw Brewing Co.‘s new location and heads west to Cognito Brewing Co., located in the historic grain elevator in Bangor. Brewer Jennifer Goodrich will lead a tour of the building and share samples with the group.
- The trip then heads to Saugatuck to see Kim Collins, owner and brewer at Guardian Brewing Co., which opened in early 2019.
- Our tour then finishes the afternoon with a stop at Three Blondes Brewing Co. Fronted by sisters Amanda Johnson, Carrie Troyer and Megan Zernicke, this South Haven brewery opened in the summer of 2018.
- The tour includes a pint or samples at each location, as well as production tours and meet-and-greets with the women behind these emerging breweries.
Art & Science of Craft Beer & Coffee
- Join us for Kingman Museum’s third annual Art & Science of Craft Beer Fundraiser – this year with a coffee twist. The science fair for adults!
- Saturday 5/18: 3pm-6pm
- In addition to providing beer from your favorite breweries, this festival will feature multiple elements of the brewing process through table demonstrations hosted by local experts. Hands-on learning from local brewers.
- And this year we have added coffee and art with table demonstrations from Leila Arboretum, and more!
- Music by the amazingly talented Kalamazoo local Megan Dooley, and excited to bring back food truck deliciousness from Motor Mouth, MI!
- The event will take place both inside Kingman Museum and in a tent on the grounds. Come learn about the craft of beer making AND coffee. All proceeds will benefit Kingman Museum in its mission to remain a resource and destination for lifelong learning opportunities in natural history and earth science, the universe, and cultures around the world.
- MUST BE 21 OR OLDER TO PURCHASE TICKETS. General admission includes 5 drink tickets, event bag and logo cup. Kingman Members: $25, Non Members: $30. To register and purchase tickets, visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/art-science-of-craft-beer-coffee-tickets-58155002177
Michigan’s Haunted Lighthouses Presentation
- What is it about lighthouses that attract ghostly spirits? Maybe it’s simply a passion that will not go away. Lighthouse keepers were known to be extremely dedicated to their profession and it seems that many were never able to give it up — even after death.
- Thursday, May 16th at Grand Rapids Public Library Main Library: 7pm
- More than 30 lights in Michigan are rumored to be haunted. From the smell of cigar smoke at Seul Choix Point Light to the mysterious housekeeping at White River Light Station and the antics at Waugoshance Shoal, these stories will entertain all ages.
- This popular program is coming to the pages of “Michigan’s Haunted Lighthouses” — a book by Dianna Stampfler of Promote Michigan, available now from The History Press. Signed copies of the book will be available at the event