Fred & Dorothy Fichter Butterflies Are Blooming
- Friday, March 1, 2019 – April 30, 2019
- Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park
- The annual Fred & Dorothy Fichter Butterflies Are Blooming exhibition at Meijer Gardens is the largest temporary tropical butterfly exhibition in the nation. Tropical butterflies from around the world fly freely in the Lena Meijer Tropical Conservatory every March and April.
- Watch storefront and windows of participating downtown businesses in St. Joseph come alive from 7 to 8:30 p.m. during the first annual March Mannequins event on March 2nd.
- Dozens of community volunteers will pose perfectly still, like mannequins.
- Event attendees can vote for their favorite window in the People’s Choice vote. For more information, visit stjoetoday.com.
Game Changers Makes US Debut as Air Zoo’s 2019 Traveling Exhibit!
- Air Zoo in Portage: it’s their 40th anniversary along with many special events taking place surrounding the anniversary.
- The Air Zoo is excited to announce their visiting exhibition of 2019, Game Changers, is now open to the public as it makes its US debut right here in Portage, MI.
- Game Changers is a highly interactive and immersive traveling exhibit that explores how technological advancements have shaped gameplay in video gaming systems and transformed the way we interact with technology.
- It highlights approximately 140 iconic games that have had significant impact on game design in popular culture
- Visitors will have the opportunity to feel and experience how video games have evolved and how these innovations have transformed how we interact with computer technology.
- With more than a dozen playable video games, everyone is sure to discover a favorite and is encouraged to come out and show that they’ve got game!
- This featured exhibit, which is included in general admission and free to Air Zoo members, will be on display at the Air Zoo through mid-May.
Free 2019 West Michigan Travel Guide
If you’re looking for inspiration for planning your 2019 adventures in West Michigan, now’s the time to pick up a brand new 2019 Carefree Travel Guide! With information, trips, and activities that span from Michigan’s southern border all the way into the UP, this is a great guide for planning both vacations, and activities to do on a weekend or day trip. The guide is available digitally, or free by mail, from the West Michigan Tourist Association website at WMTA.org.