Magic at the Museum at Holland Museum
- Saturday, February 9, 2019 at the Holland Museum in Holland
- Merlin’s beard! For one bewitching afternoon, the museum is transforming into an enchanting destination for witches and wizards to explore! Join us for a day of hands-on activities, including:
- Design and test your own miniature flying broomstick
- Construct a wand and practice casting spells
- Experiment with performing magic tricks and illusions
- Explore magical lore through history with a scavenger hunt through our galleries
- Practice your penmanship with quill pens, And much more!
- All activities will take place throughout the day, so come and go as you please. Feel free to come dressed as your favorite witch, wizard, or magical creature.
2019 Cider-Maker’s Dinner
- Crane’s Pie Pantry Restaurant and Winery, Fennville
- Saturday, February 16th
- Join us for a carefully prepared 7-course dinner, each paired with Crane’s award-winning hard ciders.
- Guest Chef Brad Kelley, of Black Sheep in Holland, joins our staff to create a one-of-a-kind menu for you.
- Cider-maker Eric Heavilin will be hosting you and discussing his process from fruit, to juice, to amazing hard cider.
Learn to Samba at Henderson Castle
- February 8th, 6:00PM – 8:30PM
- It’s Date Night at The Henderson Castle in Kalamazoo! Come for a fun dinner event with your dance partner! The talented instructors from Kalamazoo DanceSport will teach you a dance and we will serve you dinner following.
- At this event you will be learning the Samba! Samba is a fun, upbeat dance inspired by the hip shaking national dance of Brazil celebrated every year during Carnival. Ladies be prepared for your skirts to spin up! The basic turns and sweetheart move will be taught.
- Please attempt to arrive 5-10 minutes before this event.
- Menu: Bread & Butter, Soup & Salad, Entree Choice, Dessert Du Jour
Lakeshore Museum Center Exhibit: Collection by Color
- Lakeshore Museum Center in Muskegon now through early April
- This exhibit, located in the temporary gallery on the main floor, allows the community to look at objects in a brand new way.
- Colors fill every part of our lives and our understanding of the world. There are practical and scientific reasons for things being certain colors and they can inspire the choices we make, how we express ourselves, or who we are!
- Learn more about where colors come from, what they mean, and where colors are seen in our world! Visit lakeshoremuseum.org for more information.
- “Void of Color: Black Holes” presentation on February 27th