Tibbits presents 2019 Academy Award Nominated Shorts
- Tibbits Opera House, Coldwater, MI 49036 (517) 278-6029
- On February 16 there will be a special screening of the 2019 Academy Award Nominated Short Films.
- The films shown will be those nominated for the 2019 Academy Awards in the categories of Best Animated Short Film and Best Live Action Short Film.
- Admission to the Academy Award Nominated Shorts feature is $8. Concessions will be available for purchase.
Wassail at Virtue Cider
- Our annual Wassail is back again at Virtue Cider, this year taking place on Saturday, February 16.
- Join us for our take on the English tradition of wassailing to bless the trees for a bountiful cider apple harvest the following year.
- We’ll sing to the trees to cast out any harmful orchard spirits, while beckoning the good ones who will bring us a good harvest next season.
- This is an all-ages event until dark. (The after-dark orchard tour will be 21+, commencing with a live musical performance at 6pm.)
- This event is free to attend, but there are additional activities you can add on that incur a fee.
Fossils of the Michigan Basin Exhibit
- Kingman Museum, Battle Creek, MI 49037
- Cost: FREE
- Take a deep look into the ancient fossils found here in Michigan! Our state spent millions of years mostly underwater, so explore the fascinating world of corals, crinoids, brachiopods, ammonites and armored placoderm fish, including the massing Dunkleosteus!
- Exhibit includes kids’ activities including finding your own fossils in a rock matrix.
- Meet a real fossil hunter! Michigan paleontologist and author Joseph “Paleo Joe” Kchodl will be joining us at Kingman Museum on Saturday, February 9, 2019 for a short presentation at 1pm and 2pm both followed by questions and answers. He will discuss his “Fossils of the Michigan Basin” exhibit now on display, an exploration of the richness of life in Michigan over 350 million years ago. You are welcome to bring your fossils from home; a great opportunity to be looked at by an expert. This program is free to the public, however donations are appreciated. All ages welcome!
- Open on Saturdays & Sundays with free admission
Learn a new skill this year
- Learn a new skill with a class at Tillers International in Scotts (down past Kalamazoo)
- We’re a 501(c)(3) dedicated to teaching woodworking, metal working, animal handling, and other skills that can be used for personal fulfillment, professional growth, or international development.
- Our primary mission is to collaborate with small-scale farmers in developing countries to improve food security concerns in their communities. A portion of all tuition goes to support our international work.
- Classes for 2019 include blacksmithing, stone masonry, rope making, and lots more.
- They’ll also have an open house free to the public in April.
Romantic Getaway in Baroda
- Among the Vineyards B&B in Baroda (south of St. Joseph)
- Highlights of the package include transportation to 3 local wineries on the Saturday of their stay and also transportation to dinner on Saturday.
- Among the Vineyards is a spectacular 4-bedroom B&B tucked in the heart of SW Michigan wine country. Each unique wine inspired room has a beautiful private bathroom with luxury amenities.
- Our package includes your choice of one of our two king rooms, with either a 2 person cedar soaking tub (Traminette room) or a 2 person jacuzzi air tub (Merlot room). A bottle of Gravity’s Bubbly and chocolate covered strawberries upon arrival. Afternoon snacks and multi-course breakfasts.
- Offer good weekends of February 2/3, 9/10, and 16/17