Beer Dinner in Kalamazoo
- At Gonzo’s Biggdogg Brewing in Kalamazoo
- We’re kicking 2019 off with a four course beer dinner! This event has only 20 seats available – we hope you’ll join us.
- Course One: Asian Salad paired with Raspberry Snack Attack
- Course Two: Ramen Bowl paired with Jack Rabbit Slims
- Course Three: Sriracha Chicken and Waffles paired with Academy Slim
- Course Four: Imperial Stout Mousse paired with Bourbon Barrel Aged Nature of Evil with Coffee
- Limited seating, call Gonzo’s to reserve your seat. $35 per person.
LowellArts Players Presents Henry and Ramona
- January 17, 18, and 19 at 7pm and January 19 at 2pm
- At Performing Arts Center / Lowell High School, 11700 Vergennes.
- The LowellArts Players Youth Theater presents Henry and Ramona, a full-length comedy by Cynthia McGean and based on the books by Beverly Cleary. Henry and Ramona captures the everyday trials and triumphs of being a kid.
- The production, directed by Teresa Goldner, will include youth, teen, and adult actors ages eight and up from Lowell and surrounding communities.
- General Admission $7. Kids 2 and under free. Performance is 1-hour long. More information at www.lowellartsmi.org.
Wine About Winter – Grand Haven
- For the tenth consecutive year, Grand Haven Main Street will celebrate winter with the popular Wine About Winter walk-about.
- This year’s event will be held on Friday, January 18, 2019, and focuses on wines from around the globe. This unique occasion offers residents and visitors the opportunity to wander the heated-sidewalks, in the midst of winter, and to experience the warmth and vitality of our Grand Haven Main Street!
- The festivities kick off with the Artists’ Awards Ceremony at the Tri-Cities Historical Museum beginning at 5:00 pm. At 5:30 our local storefronts from Beacon Boulevard through Centertown, along Washington Avenue to Harbor Drive will begin this year’s tour of fine wines.
- Visitors will have the opportunity to view artwork from some of the state’s best artists, shop in the many charming boutiques operating in the district as they traverse Grand Haven’s heated, snow-free sidewalks, or ride the complimentary shuttle throughout the Main Street district, all while tasting wine and appetizers. “Last pour” will be at 9:00 p.m.
- This year’s admission to Wine About Winter is the 10th annual commemorative wine glass which will be on sale for $5. These wine tasting glasses make a perfect holiday gift and can be purchased in advance at Fortino’s, located at 114 Washington Avenue. Glasses will also be available to purchase on Wine About Winter Friday, January 18, only at Harbor Front (in the Common Area) located at 41 Washington Avenue, beginning at 3pm. Tastings are available for $3 each and are available at all participating wine venues. Proceeds from this fundraising event are used for downtown beautification projects.
Yoga with a Vū
- January 20th at CityFlatsHotel in Holland
- Come join us for a great afternoon of Yoga in the beautiful CityVū event space located in CityFlatsHotel!
- Chelsea Marie Fox will lead us through a yoga flow practice perfect for all levels that will help balance our body and mind.
- Afterward, we’ll enjoy drinks from Big Lake Brewing and hors d’oeuvres provided by CityFlatsHotel.
- There will also be a variety of health and wellness vendors there showcasing their products and services.
- Grab a friend and join us to experience Yoga with a Vū, this event is $12 per person and BYOM (bring your own mat)