From painting your pet to a migration celebration for birds, this organization has you covered for a fun fall season. Courtney Sheffer from the West Michigan Tourist Association joined us to talk about a variety of activities available in West Michigan.
5th Annual Fall Migration Celebration
- Kellogg Bird Sanctuary in Augusta
- Sunday, November 4th
- Join us in celebrating the fall waterfowl migration during our 5th annual Fall Migration Celebration!
- Wintergreen Lake provides a safe haven for birds to rest and fuel up as they travel from breeding grounds in the far North to their wintering grounds in the Southern US and beyond.
- Practice waterfowl identification along the lake shore, participate in games and activities along the trail, have your face painted, and enjoy cider and donuts in our newly renovated Overlook Museum!
- This event takes place rain or shine, because there are plenty of activities indoors!
Día De Los Muertos Celebration at MeXo
- During the week of October 29th – November 4th , 2018, MeXo Restaurant will be hosting a series of Día De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) events.
- On Thursday, November 1st , Chef Oscar will be hosting a four course, tequila and mezcal paired, gourmet
dinner from 6:30pm-9:30pm. Tickets for the dinner can be purchased at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/day-of-the-dead-celebration-chef-dinner-tickets-51467888841?aff=ebdssbdestsearch or www.MeXogr.com.
- Tequila is a type of mezcal, much like how scotch and bourbon are types of whiskey.
- On Friday, November 2nd, guests are invited to attend a tequila and mezcal tasting event from 6pm- 8:30pm. Guests will receive samples of 15 varieties of tequila and mezcal which will be accompanied by Chef Oscar’s appetizer selections. Tickets for the tequila and mezcal tasting can be purchased at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tequila-mezcal-tasting-tickets-51348582994 or www.MeXogr.com.
- Following the tasting, guests can stay to attend the Día De Los Muertos party which will include music, dancing, entertainment, appetizers and cocktails. DJ Tony Banks will be emceeing the event. Authentic Día De Los Muertos face painting will be available and there will be a photo booth on site to capture the memories. Tickets for MeXo’s Día De Los Muertos Party can be purchased at http://www.eventbrite.com/e/annual-dia-de-los-muertos-day-of-the-dead-party-tickets-51078232368?aff=ebdssbdestsearch or www.MeXogr.com.
Michigan’s Wild Rehab
- Pierce Cedar Creek Institute in Hastings
- Friday, November 2nd
- When we get injured or sick, we visit a doctor. But what about wild animals?
- Come learn how Michigan’s largest wildlife rehabilitator, the Howell Nature Center, treats thousands of common and endangered animals in hopes of returning them to their homes.
- This program will include live birds and mammals that could not be released back to the wild.
- Learn how you–just like these wildlife ambassadors– can help animals survive the wilds of the human landscape.
- Member Adults $6; Children $4 | Non-Member Adults $10; Children $6
Paint Your Pet Class
- Saturday, November 10th at Great Legs Winery, Brewery, & Distillery in Holland
- Have an adorable pet that you’ve been wanting to paint a picture of? Well, Rock Your Art out & Great Legs Winery Brewery Distillery are offering you the perfect event to Paint your Pet!
- Email Tonya Tamura, Rock your Art out Artist, a picture of your pet & she’ll create a transfer for you to use! You don’t have to be a professional artist, just need the desire to have fun!
- *$35.00 gets you a transfer & all of the supplies to Paint your Pet, including the canvas. *
- To register for this class, and email your picture of your fur baby, email Tonya Tamura at: email@example.com